Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Dec 19, 2019

noreenk17 wrote:
I just got off the phone with the Ovation division. Wyndham has no intention if helping timeshare owners get out of the contract unless the account has been paid in full. They told me I would have to pay the account in full in order to terminate my points and not be charged yearly dues. Or I could sell through a 3rd party which would be pennies on the dollar.

Were I in what I understand to be your situation, I'd find out what Wyndham's current policies on rentals are and then, assuming they have not killed or severely regulated rentals by points owners, become an expert on booking the most high-demand location(s) and renting them out. My objective would be to cover my ever-growing HOA fees and maybe make a buck or two toward ultimately paying for my dead horse.

Stu M.
Dec 20, 2019

We have been members for awhile now but with there new rules about points it's frustrating what exit strategy can you offer us.

Lysa R.
Dec 27, 2019

I would love to learn more about this program, as l want to get out of my timeshare wit Wyndham.

Rocky R.
Dec 27, 2019

rockyr18 wrote:
I would love to learn more about this program, as l want to get out of my timeshare wit Wyndham.

Help yourself. There's 38 pages worth of info on Ovation right at your fingertips. I learned about Ovation right here more than three YEARS ago and immediately got on the phone to Wyndham.

Stu M.
Jan 08, 2020

I'm not sure if this post is still active but YES I am interested! My timeshare with Wyndham has been paid off for years - we originally bought it will Fairfield at Star Island. However, my maintenance fees go up every year and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I want out badly.

Sara E.
Jan 08, 2020

sarae84 wrote:
I'm not sure if this post is still active but YES I am interested! My timeshare with Wyndham has been paid off for years.

Yes, it's still active. And it is now huge, filled with about everything you need to know about Ovation. Scan the last several pages for the Ovation phone number and with your Wyndham deed and HOA invoice file at hand give them a call.

Stu M.
Jan 08, 2020

Thank you very much! - Sara

Sara E.
Mar 09, 2020

I found out about the Ovations Program via the web months ago. I was researching ways to exit my timeshare. I decided to give it a try since most other sales pitches asked for money to assist with the process. My situation may be different than others since our's is paid off. I reached out to the Wyndham office that handles this process. They were very polite, professional and explained the process to me and the timeline it would take. They sent me some paperwork weeks later which we signed and had notarized then mailed it back. We made had to make sure we kept up with all payments and didn't use the current year points or make any reservations. It took a month or so after we returned the paperwork but it was all finalized. My contract was ended and we no longer have any timeshare obligations. Overall I would say it was a very smooth process. We enjoyed our time with Wyndham for many years as the kids grew up but essentially believe the ever-increasing costs and sales pitches became a bit much. Today we use VRBO and make the decisions on the fly as they work for us much better. I wish others the best of luck as you seek out solutions.

Ken E.
Mar 09, 2020

It's good to see that the program worked in your case and that Wyndham is following through with its program. This proves that owners do not need to hire an attorney or timeshare exit company to get them out of their timeshares.

Lance C.
Mar 11, 2020

lancec13 wrote:
It's good to see that the [Ovation] program worked ... This proves that [Wyndham] owners do not need to hire an attorney or timeshare exit company to get them out of their [Wyndham] timeshares.

I added [Wyndham] simply to point out that this is all about a Wyndham program. Most timeshare owners do not have access to such a "take back" program. And I've read somewhere in this long post that if a Wyndham owner has contracted with a "get-out-of-your-timeshare" outfit, he/she may not be able to participate in Ovation at all.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Mar 11, 2020 05:45 AM

Jun 08, 2020

Wyndham does not offer the Ovation program to everyone; definitely not to Carriage Ridge and Carriage Hills in Ontario, Canada. If you own at either resort, please join the Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge Owners Facebook page where we are 3,000 owners strong and growing, discussing matters such as the current court-supervised administration dealing with exit and possible restructuring. Also visit CHCROwners.org associated with the FB page. If you want an exit, or just want information you can trust, you are not alone, and we need you on board!

Diane E.
Jun 09, 2020

kene55 wrote:
I found out about the Ovations Program via the web months ago. I was researching ways to exit my timeshare. I decided to give it a try since most other sales pitches asked for money to assist with the process. My situation may be different than others since our's is paid off. I reached out to the Wyndham office that handles this process. They were very polite, professional and explained the process to me and the timeline it would take. They sent me some paperwork weeks later which we signed and had notarized then mailed it back. We made had to make sure we kept up with all payments and didn't use the current year points or make any reservations. It took a month or so after we returned the paperwork but it was all finalized. My contract was ended and we no longer have any timeshare obligations. Overall I would say it was a very smooth process. We enjoyed our time with Wyndham for many years as the kids grew up but essentially believe the ever-increasing costs and sales pitches became a bit much. Today we use VRBO and make the decisions on the fly as they work for us much better. I wish others the best of luck as you seek out solutions.
Our experience with Ovation (See page 36 of this topic) was very similar to yours, in May of 2019. We had no issues whatsoever and the deed-back was processed in about 4 weeks, as I recall. It all cost us about $10 in notary fees. For the size of this topic, I am amazed that there are not more success stories. Some people seem to have properties that do not qualify for some reason(s) or they seem to just expect that it will all just magically happen by saying "I want to join this program!" then no further posts about any actions that they took. I can tell you from experience that the Ovation team is totally non-sales. They will give you options ONLY if you do not want to accept the deed-back requirement (or cannot) or would like to hear all of the options. But, I think most people here just want to get rid of the deed and it's accompanying maintenance fees and don't care about trying to sell it to recoup some pennies on the dollar. So here are the 3 things you need to be prepared to hear when you call.

1. The Ovation team will ask which property you have and tell you if it is an ELIGIBLE property in the Ovation program. If so, on to item 2. If not, ask about other options and hope that you hear something good.

2. Your ELIGIBLE property MUST be fully paid off in order to deed back. If it's not you cannot participate in Ovation right away (but keep reading).

3. Your maintenance must be current, including for the current year that you are in, even if you are trying to deed-back very early in the year. We deeded back in May, 2019 but had to be full paid up for 2019. We were Weeks owners and banked our week before going through Ovation, and anything banked before the deed-back remains available in RCI/II for our usage until we use it or let it expire. We just used one of our banked weeks 13 months after deeding back so I can tell you it works as described, at least for ex-Weeks owners. Not sure how Points would work in Ovation, just glad we never wasted more money converting to Points!

IF you qualify for #1 but do not qualify #2 or #3, I would strongly suggest that you take a loan to pay off any money owed, then proceed with Ovation to unload the property. Yes, you will have a loan to repay but no worse than what you owed to Wyndham already and you will be legally free from future maintenance fees. If you owe money on your property, you cannot expect that Wyndham will just take the deed back and just let you off the financial hook, right? That's unrealistic.

OK, those are the facts from an actual user of the program. Take the information, decide if it's right for you and, if so, get to it!

Edward F.

Last edited by edwardf167 on Jul 28, 2020 09:15 PM

Jul 19, 2020

Owners at Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge don’t have access to Ovation, but a court driven process began in May 2020 ordering BDO Canada to determine whether the timeshare resort is still viable, and how to exit in future if the resort is restructured. If you are an owner you will find answers to many questions at CHCROwners.org website or associated Facebook page. ALL owners are being contacted by BDO. If you are not contacted as an owner, there is a problem with your contact information and you should contact BDO Canada immediately.

Diane E.
Jul 28, 2020

Very interested in finding out more on this "new" program and any would appreciate any and all information

Oliverthom O.
Jul 28, 2020

Some new information. Due to the coronavirus, Wyndham is allowing members to deposit points for future year use outside their deadline date. However, when I just called to deposit my Limited Edition points into next year I was told LI members do not have that privilege. I knew we didn't under normal circumstances but expected them to waive that restriction. The best they would do was extend my points to the end of 2020.

Lolli S.
Jul 28, 2020

They have been changing the rules to make very difficult to use the timeshare. I think they did this to get us to give up our timeshare, after we have paid it off and then they get to sell it to another sucker and make more money.

What can we do about this? There has to be something we can do?

Carole J.
Jul 28, 2020

Lysa R. wrote: We have been members for awhile now but with there new rules about points it's frustrating what exit strategy can you offer us.

Go to the Wyndham Ovations web page at https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/happening/news/ovation-by-wyndham.page? or call 866-294-4194. Why would you sit around waiting for more info here?!? Everything you need to know about the Ovations program has been posted. If you are serious about getting rid of your timeshare then take action.

Edward F.

Last edited by edwardf167 on Jul 28, 2020 09:24 PM

Oct 22, 2020

My wife and I were roped into buying a Wyndham membership. We were told there were outlets in case something arose so that we could possibly get out of it. THIS WAS A BLATANT LIE!!! I lost my job a few months later, called them and was told basically unless I was on life support there is nothing that can be done. How is this company able to do this to hard working people? We can no longer get approved for a home since Wyndham has tanked our credit. AVOID THIS SHADY COMPANY AND THEIR BLATANTLY CORRUPT PRACTICES!

Brian R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 23, 2020 09:44 AM

Oct 23, 2020

The Ovation program works, however, with two caveats. You have to own the timeshare free and clear of any debt and next, all maintenance fees have to be current. We had no problem getting rid of our timeshare, actually went through a real estate broker recommended by them.

Jim H.
Dec 03, 2020

I am desperately looking to get rid of my timeshare. Ive researched several timeshare exit companies. None of which seem on the up and up. I was referred to Ovation through this forum. Once i contacted wyndham they informed me there was a mark on my record because i had previously had an attorney reach out to them to see if they would just let me out. They said i was not allowed in the ovation program because of this mark and that i was to find the attorney who wrote one letter on my behalf, to write a second letter letting them know they are not currently retained by myself or working for me on current litigation involving wyndham. I was blown away. Needless to say i let them know that i cant find said attorney and that my word should be able to stand on itself and that i stayed current with payments of everything for at least 24 months since that contact. I need out of this timeshare. I have written to them and spoke to them on numerous occasions. Where do i go from here?

Keith C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.