Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

May 01, 2019

So if you are still paying on a loan you have to use an exit team?

A K.
May 02, 2019

aprilk83 wrote:
So if you are still paying on a loan you have to use an exit team?

No. An exit team will not help you in such a predicament. Nor will any law firm. So you have two choices. Either pay off the loan and then use Wyndham's Ovation program or default on the loan and let your unit go into foreclosure. Just remember that, if you choose the latter, you will lose all the money you have paid into this so far, likely face a ding on your credit score or rating, and face a bunch of threatening collection calls and letters.

It's your call but using an "exit team" will just cost you more money and not accomplish anything for you.

Lance C.
May 02, 2019

If your credit is good and you can stand the hit, or you're at the age where you aren't looking for any new loans or mortgages anyway, defaulting would be cheaper than paying off the loan. Either way you'll lose all the money you put in.

Lolli S.
May 03, 2019

Lolli is absolutely right!!

Gary B.
May 10, 2019

Quit Claim Deed is your possible solution. Don't go through any EXIT company, make sure its an actual attorney's office. Sholdnt cost you more than 1000-2000 as long as your mortgage is paid off.

Remember guys, EXIT business is almost to that point of reaching the timeshare selling business. However, members are clueless how it really works.

Kind of like how these days there are actually more people getting divorced than married. The timeshare industry is in that same situation and Whydham wants a part of it. Exits and Transfers are big business.

Which is why Wyndham and RCI are limiting resorts and sales centers from helping members EXIT. They want to do it themselves and get a piece of the pie.

Unfortunately, as you know, RCI is Wyndham's puppet, so RCI doesn't play fair and always favors Wyndham's direction. RCI loves to strong arm small independent resorts since many of these will soon be disaffiliated from the RCI system due to maintenance problems. So Wyndham is trying to squeeze all the juice out of them before they are gone.

No one can touch a Wyndham owner, or RCI penalizes the resort from exchanging.... However Wyndham can prey after all the members of small resorts. .... Hypocrites!

Johnathan
May 10, 2019

even if the mortgage is paid off, you will still loose all the money you put into it. Unless you own a New Year's Week in a Prime Location, the timeshare resell business is awful.

So you have 2 options:

1. Finish paying thousands and save your Credit Score. or 2. Save thousands, don't pay mortgage, go into foreclosure. In 7 years your credit score will be back to a normal level. (As thats how long it takes for credit companies to wipe off foreclosures from your history).

Im no expert, but thats the truth. Plan accordingly.

The resort is all for it, as they will get back their week without paying a dime (well.... only a foreclosure fee of $600), and resell it full value ($20k-$50k) to the next bozo! ... Now that is a business!

Johnathan
May 10, 2019

Call wyndham and tell them you want help. They will help you. Tell them you dont want to speak to their restock brokers. You want Wyndham to handle taking your unit.

Judi Kozlowski
May 13, 2019

“Getting owners refunded entirely “ — do you mean all the money we spent to buy this thing and only got to use it a few times before we had to spend vacation time with our aging parents but never seemed able to rent it or sell it the way so many owners seem to do so easily? Point me to that place, please! Eternally Grateful if you can help!

Yvonne T.
May 13, 2019

“Getting owners refunded entirely “ — do you mean giving us back all the money we spent to buy this thing and only got to use it a few times before we had to spend vacation time with our aging parents but never seemed able to rent it or sell it the way so many owners seem to do so easily? Point me to that place, please! Eternally Grateful if you can help!

angelar285 wrote:
No Wyndham is trying to diffuse the millions they are paying in foreclosure maint fees. Process is so long they would rather bulk sell the deeds they take back add they do this anyways add it takes a year to recycle thru legal for resale. One way they make money. 2. They want udi properties back they can use in rental before bulk selling. They rent privately much of owner inventory which is why you can't use! 3. They settle with owners for misrepresentation to include all fees paid in the multi million dollar range every year and if you accept their offer this will legally prevent you from seeking any reimbursement. There are credible people who do this all day getting owners refunded entirely so if they give you market rate at .008/pt they ate making out through all their income sources.

Yvonne T.
May 18, 2019

I am an owner of a fixed week during late July at Dolphin's Cove in Anaheim, California. I am no longer using my timeshare, and am approaching retirement. Can anyone confirm for me, before I call the Ovation program, whether or not this property qualifies for the take-back option, and whether or not retirement leading to a fixed income is a sufficient hardship under the terms of the Ovation program? Any recent information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Doug S.
May 19, 2019

dougs356 wrote:
I am an owner of a fixed week during late July at Dolphin's Cove in Anaheim, California. I am no longer using my timeshare, and am approaching retirement. Can anyone confirm for me, before I call the Ovation program, whether or not this property qualifies for the take-back option, and whether or not retirement leading to a fixed income is a sufficient hardship under the terms of the Ovation program? Any recent information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

No hardship necessary. Just make a direct call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040. It's just plain that easy.

Stu M.
May 19, 2019

Thank you Stu. Glad to hear that. I will make the call.

Doug S.

Last edited by dougs356 on May 19, 2019 10:34 PM

Jun 06, 2019

Latest from Wyndham for Shell Vacation owners: Which Shell Vacations Club points are eligible for enrollment into Club Wyndham Plus? At this time, the following points are eligible for this opportunity: • Shell Owners Club – Hawaii • Shell Owners Club – West • Shell Owners Club – Americana • Various Deeded ownerships (details provided in the following FAQ) Please remember that loans and Club dues must be in good financial standing in order to enroll eligible Shell Vacations Club points into Club Wyndham Plus."

Francis W.
Jun 18, 2019

My Limited Edition Enrollment has been completed as part of the Ovation turn-back program. I started the proceedings in January and it took until May to be completed...a smooth but lengthy process. I wanted to make people aware of one little issue that was unexpected and not explained during the process. My new Limited Edition membership begins on October 1st so I can't do anything until then. Perhaps they wanted to make sure people had enough time to make plans...I haven't bothered to call and ask why. To those who are wondering, the Limited Edition operates exactly like the regular membership, with access to the computerized booking system and VIP privileges carry over.

Lolli S.
Jun 18, 2019

lollis3 wrote:
My Limited Edition Enrollment has been completed as part of the Ovation turn-back program. [snip] To those who are wondering, the Limited Edition operates exactly like the regular membership, with access to the computerized booking system and VIP privileges carry over.

Except for the fact that you can't give away your units to family or friends unless you (the owner) also check in with them. I was advised that they don't do Guest Confirmatons (certificates) any more, either. This changed last December, I think. So to get as much as you can, you have to travel a LOT! This irks me no end, but then I think how glad I am that I'm not paying maintanence fees any more.

The nice person to whom I spoke said that it is OK if you check out early -- the others can remain until the end of the reservation. And if there are joint owners, each one can reserve a unit for the same period of time. But I'm afraid that she might have glossed over some of the fine print.

Jim

Jim S.
Jun 18, 2019

I was duped into a gifted time share from my father. The story is sad...he is retired and was desperate to get out as he lost most of his retirement money in 2007. So he mislead my husband and I. I contacted Ovation to take the deed back from Carriage Hills resort in Canada and they said NO. Referred to Fidelity who advised THEY HAVE NOT SOLD a Carriage Hills unit IN YEARS! 31 units are listed on Carriage Hills website for $1. Many owners are offering $400 gift certificates. Wyndham is the ring-leader. They should offer Ovation.

Liz A.
Jun 18, 2019

Wyndham lies about many of their programs- I am presently involved in a law suit where they prepared a $70,000.contract for my husband and i , signed it with a computer for both of us & claimed that we had agreed to this contract that we had never seen. The law firm that we are using has over 250 cases of senior citizens who have been defrauded by the Wyndham corporation! Clear evidence of the corruption that that company has perpetrated, targeting senior citizens.

Louise D.
Jun 19, 2019

liza162 wrote:
I was duped into a gifted time share from my father. ... I contacted Ovation to take the deed back from Carriage Hills resort in Canada and they said NO..

Sad story. Sadder still is the fact that that you did not have to inherit the timeshare. You could have said "No." No one HAS to accept ANYthing they "inherit." You're free to pick and choose. So -- you might want to talk to an attorney or financial advisor about just walking away from your Carriage Hills ownership. Your credit rating would take a hit, but -- hey! -- find out what your options and the consequences are.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Jun 19, 2019 05:20 PM

Jun 19, 2019

Oh yes, thanks for clarifying that. I didn't mention it because I already knew about it ahead of time thanks to this forum.

Lolli S.

Last edited by lollis3 on Jun 19, 2019 06:56 PM

Jun 19, 2019

Oh yes, thanks for clarifying that. I didn't mention it because I already knew about it ahead of time thanks to this forum.

jims1139 wrote:
lollis3 wrote:
My Limited Edition Enrollment has been completed as part of the Ovation turn-back program. [snip] To those who are wondering, the Limited Edition operates exactly like the regular membership, with access to the computerized booking system and VIP privileges carry over.

Except for the fact that you can't give away your units to family or friends unless you (the owner) also check in with them. I was advised that they don't do Guest Confirmatons (certificates) any more, either. This changed last December, I think. So to get as much as you can, you have to travel a LOT! This irks me no end, but then I think how glad I am that I'm not paying maintanence fees any more.

The nice person to whom I spoke said that it is OK if you check out early -- the others can remain until the end of the reservation. And if there are joint owners, each one can reserve a unit for the same period of time. But I'm afraid that she might have glossed over some of the fine print.

Jim

Lolli S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.