Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Jan 07, 2016

We have 3 Timeshares with Wyndham and all paid up and the monthly maintenance dues is paid and up date . What exactly are the details of the program ? Can you supply more specific information please ? D.M.Shetty

jeff_reports wrote:
Owners NOT required to pay upfront fee or purchase more points to participate in Ovation. In a letter to Wyndham owners, Franz Hanning, president and CEO, says: "I'm excited about the launch of Ovation by Wyndham --- a new program that offers credible options for owners ready to close their vacation ownership chapter with us." A magazine ad for Ovation states: "Participation in the Ovation by Wyndham program does NOT require any additional purchase or fees." The contact number for Wyndham owners seeking information is: 855-312-9040. Owners can also submit an inquiry by going to myclubwyndham.com/ovation.

Dayananda M.
Jan 07, 2016

Let me know the details of your program and I will study the info you supply before making a decision .

angelar285 wrote:
That is not true at all! There are many scammers yes but not everyone is. Wyndham in my opinion is the largest scammer/criminal! You don't even want to know what they do ands legally file in their stock reports!

The only time you should pay to get out of a contract is to retain an attorney for misrepresentation and with a money back guarantee! There are only a handful of credible attorneys I would recommend, which I'm sure they will block if I post? Always block on here. But ovation is a scam in my opinion, but I know the system much better than 99% of the people out there. I own (grew up in Fairfield), worked for the company, operate an account management company for gold and platinum owners plus Co founded a non profit Integrity for Timeshare to assist owners in getting real truth and information on their best options, uses, and any questions they have free of charge to help eliminate owners being scammed by Wyndham or other companies. If anyone here has a question I'll be happy to answer. May take a day or two as this is 100 percent volunteered time, but wanted y'all to know I'm here to help.

Dayananda M.
Jan 07, 2016

I have no clue who is really offering a genuine solution to owners who want to get some value for their so called fractional ownership in timeshares

Dayananda M.
Jan 17, 2016

I contacted Wyndham and was sent the information to return my timeshare. The information was held up because of the holidays, but I filled it out had it notarized at the bank and sent it back. About a month later I received a letter stating that I no longer had any interest in the timeshare. It didn't cost me any money and I did not receive any money from them. I was just glad to get rid of the fees. My husband and I used it every year when we were working, but now I live where we had the timeshare and he has passed away and I just don't travel like I used to. It worked for me and I hope that it works for you.

Marsha F.
Jan 18, 2016

Be careful don't buy more points with the hope that they will buy them back in the future they won't I thought ovations was done away with shortly after its start>

Andrew R.
Jan 18, 2016

Sounds encouraging. From the various messages, I gather that not all Wyndham properties are included in Ovation. What property did you have -- which Wyndham timeshare did you own?

marshaf53 wrote:
I contacted Wyndham and was sent the information to return my timeshare. About a month later I received a letter stating that I no longer had any interest in the timeshare. .

Stu M.
Jan 19, 2016

dayanandam wrote:
I have no clue who is really offering a genuine solution to owners who want to get some value for their so called fractional ownership in timeshares

Ovation and the other developer "take back" programs aren't about helping you find value from your TS or fractional. It is a no cost or low cost way to get out of the continuing obligation. There are a few properties in the Wyndham program that if the owner bought direct then, the owner might be offered 2 or 3 years use without additional MF's but most are simply an offer to take back the deed or contract with no money out of pocket from the owner.

Tracey S.
Jan 20, 2016

Angela, would like to talk with you about your Ovation experiences. Please send my your contact info and I will call you. jeff@redweek.com

Jeffrey W.
Jan 20, 2016

I own 4 weeks in Pahio and have owned there for nearly 30 years --long before Wyndham took over. We have traded throughout the world and been happy with our ownership but my husband is now 87 and our points just keep adding up, we can't possibly use all of them anymore. Paying nearly $1500/wk maintenance for 4 floating weeks on a 2 BR unit, sleeps 6, over 85,000 RCI points per unit. Would probably like to get out of two weeks and keep the others. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anita L.
Jan 20, 2016

anita273 wrote:
I own 4 weeks in Pahio and have owned there for nearly 30 years .... Would probably like to get out of two weeks and keep the others. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Start by calling Wyndham and asking whether your Pahio units are eligible for Ovation. Also check Redweek, TimeSharing Today (tstoday.com), eBay, and other timeshare resale sites to see if anyone is advertising units like yours for sale.

Stu M.
Jan 22, 2016

"There are a few properties in the Wyndham program that if the owner bought direct then, the owner might be offered 2 or 3 years use without additional MF's . . . ."

How does one discover whether or not their property (in my case, Ocean Blvd., N Myrtle Beach) is on that list? When I called Ovation for info, this was not mentioned as a possibility--although it was stated in Jeff's article about the program. Do we have to start the process first, & then haggle with them?

Fred A.
Jan 26, 2016

South Carolina is one. Anyone who owns in this state has other options

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

Just FYI owners this site is monitored by Wyndham corporate so I will keep my responses brief. We have a private fb group for this reason. I actually had one of my owners contacted by Wyndham legal wanting to know who Taught them how to use their points like this, so very cautious on here. But if you properly use the system you can easily offset ANY expenses you have and still take your summer trip. This of course is increasingly difficult to do if your not familiar with the reservation system, as long as Wyndham holds prime inventory for rental through major ota's. I love how they blame this on the owners and came out with a new policy this year limiting the number of rooms any owner can book this is simply to come back their competition for Rental which they do out of the wyndham resort section since the worldmark owners sued and won their case

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

If your timeshare is paid off and current and on the list of desired Resort the company will take it back free of charge and you can walk away nothing recouped nothing gained they just take it back from you that is the extent of the program. Unless you're in a dire financial situation I do not recommend this to any owners think about what you paid for it plus the cost now with inflation it takes them approximately 8-9 months to redeed the property to recycle it for resale. There are other options people will pay for

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

Just sent this for you apologize on delay had family member pass, was a slow and hard few months. Just getting caught up

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

I would be happy to send some info. Is there a way to send messages via redweek?

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

It isn't in program, I can tell you this. Be very careful of eBay. I can send you some credible sites if needed

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

You absolutely have options running at Myrtle Beach the corporate will deny this until they're blue in the face as it is a state law as most I'm sure laws are that they are legally required to offer but they don't provide an avenue to access them if that makes sense because obviously they would rather have it for free then to let any on or no there is another option out there I'm trying to figure out how to send private messages to you guys like I mentioned this site is monitored by wyndham so that I can continue to help in any way I can

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

You absolutely have options running at Myrtle Beach the corporate will deny this until they're blue in the face as it is a state law as most I'm sure laws are that they are legally required to offer but they don't provide an avenue to access them if that makes sense because obviously they would rather have it for free then to let any on or no there is another option out there I'm trying to figure out how to send private messages to you guys like I mentioned this site is monitored by wyndham so that I can continue to help in any way I can

freda159 wrote:
"There are a few properties in the Wyndham program that if the owner bought direct then, the owner might be offered 2 or 3 years use without additional MF's . . . ."

How does one discover whether or not their property (in my case, Ocean Blvd., N Myrtle Beach) is on that list? When I called Ovation for info, this was not mentioned as a possibility--although it was stated in Jeff's article about the program. Do we have to start the process first, & then haggle with them?

Angela R.
Jan 26, 2016

angelar285 wrote:
think about what you paid for it plus the cost now with inflation it takes them approximately 8-9 months to redeed the property to recycle it for resale. There are other options people will pay for

Why would it take ANYone much less Whydham 8-9 months to redeed a timeshare property? I have sold timeshares via ads in Redweek and elsewhere and the deals were completed in a few weeks time.

Stu M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.