Point Systems

Marriott Protection Insurance

Apr 23, 2015

Does anyone have any info on why Marriott raised the price of its protection plan by $80 a year and reduced benefits?

G N.
Apr 23, 2015

They probably received more claims than they were expecting originally. It is underwritten through an actual insurance company.

Tracey S.
May 01, 2015

Sorry, I just saw this after posting something about the Marriott Travel insurance over under the General category. You might read about my issue with this restrictive coverage as it may help you in determining how much you are willing to pay. I wouldn't mind paying the new $199 for the coverage if the coverage were broader and less restrictive with respect to the travel to timeshare properties. The "2 day" travel restriction on both sides of a "timeshare" reservation is unduly restrictive. My assessment is that the coverage is essentially "maintenance fee and emergency coverage" for while you are at the resort.

The real issue is how much is one willing to pay after consideration of the coverage limitations.

Den

Last edited by dennish144 on May 01, 2015 02:31 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.