Timeshare Companies

Vallarta Gardens-VP Services

Apr 17, 2022

bhupendrat wrote:
We were put under undue pressure to sign contract 5 days ago.

Fyi, the time period for contract rescission (cancellation) in Mexico is 5 days. A written notice of your cancellation rights should have been provided to you at the time of contract execution. If you were not provided with a notice of those cancellation rights or if you were were asked to sign a waiver of those rights, either instance is grounds on which to void the contract (with PROFECO assistance). If neither one of those situations apply, then it would appear that you simply did not submit a contract rescission within the allotted 5 days time period.

You may have felt pressured by the sales weasels, but that "feeling" does not constitute sufficient basis on which to void a contract that you executed voluntarily and of your own free will. After all, you could have just declined to sign. Nonetheless, I wish you luck in attempting to rescind the contract. You will definitely have an uphill battle ahead if you have already missed the available (by law) rescission period and are now just belatedly experiencing "buyer's remorse".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 19, 2022 06:00 AM

Apr 17, 2022

I would also recommend removing your e-mail address from a public forum like this. You'll be getting a lot of spam and scam e-mails from companies claiming they can get you out of your predicament.

Lance C.
Sep 08, 2022

WE are having same problems with SFI Security, in our 6th year and over a year now of no response to my emails, phone calls (VM left) and requests on their website! Any advise would be appreciated! Mick D

laurab731 wrote:
we paid a considerable amount of money to sfilondon and now it is 5 years and we wanted to get our interest back and because of nafta not being signed they said the money could go into their corporate account for 2 years but it would cost 3 per cent Our bank discouraged us from sending it I sent them a email and told them what the bank said and now they blocked my emails It is a fraud company and I reported it to the london fraud police

Michael D.
Jan 05, 2023

we have the same problem. We can not get ahold of them because the email does not work and the phone number is not working. Can anybody help us contact sfi

Ralph G.
Jan 05, 2023

Can anybody help us contact SFILONDON to get some of our funds.I have tried but all the phones and emails do not work.

Ralph G.
Jan 06, 2023

ralphg117 wrote:
Can anybody help us contact SFILONDON to get some of our funds.I have tried but all the phones and emails do not work.

What funds are you trying to recover?

Lance C.
Jan 06, 2023

It's scam we never get ours 😕

Sherby O.
Jan 07, 2023

sherbyo wrote:
It's scam we never get ours 😕

You never got your what? How did you get scammed?

Lance C.
Jan 16, 2023

We paid SFI London a lot of money for Vallarta Gardens also and after the 5 years I have tried everything to get a hold of them,no emails and no phone.

I tried to find them in England throw FCA but to no avail. My next step is to see a lawyer in Mexico to see if we can go after Vallatra Gardens for miss repentation on the sale of the time stare.

Ralph G.
Jan 16, 2023

I worked with a canadian mexican law company to cancel my time share,, the mexican lawyer recognized the fraud They asked for 3000 usa to cancel but i just do not send them any fees any moe and they must be accountable laura bourdois

Laura B.
Jan 17, 2023

laurab731 wrote:
I worked with a canadian mexican law company to cancel my time share,, the mexican lawyer recognized the fraud They asked for 3000 usa to cancel but i just do not send them any fees any moe and they must be accountable laura bourdois

If you want to "cancel" a Mexican timeshare, which is really just a right-to-use and not deeded property, your best bet is just to stop making annual maintenance fee payments and let your membership lapse. You might face a bunch of annoying collection calls and letters and possibly a hit on your credit rating or score. But they will just eventually cancel your membership. You do not need to pay any party $3000 for that.

Lance C.
Jan 17, 2023

ralphg117 wrote:
My next step is to see a lawyer in Mexico to see if we can go after Vallatra Gardens for miss repentation on the sale of the time stare.

You can do that if you want but you'd just be wasting your time, and possibly money. If you want to be successful in such an endeavor, you would have to prove that VG misrepresented. What proof do you have other than "They said..."?

Lance C.
Jan 18, 2023

laurab731 wrote:

I don't know much at all about whatever passes for "law" in Mexico, but as a general rule in a contract matter here in the U.S., if something is not overtly stated in writing within the contract, then it simply does not exist. Some contracts here even state in writing that any verbal claims or statements made by sales representives are not legally binding.

If you believe that you have been a victim of fraud and are prepared to prove it, contact PROFECO instead of paying any useless "Mexican law company" one peso.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 18, 2023 06:12 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.