Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Castle Law Group, PC out of Tennessee

Jun 11, 2017

I'm sorry you are having trouble using your timeshare. But RedWeek has a lot of resources you can look at. Have you though about selling your timeshare using their platform here? You can also use the forums to learn more about how to use your timeshare so you don't feel like it's a total waste of money.

Timeshare T.
Jun 12, 2017

Also, timeshare refinancing is something I'm not really too familiar with so I can't comment on if it's a good idea or not, but refinancing any loan is a pretty big fiancial decision that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Timeshare T.
Jun 12, 2017

Yeah thanks for makin me feel dumb, I know i shoulda thought about it more but i didn't okay so why don't you shut up i didnt ask for your help i was just letting people know that if you refinance all these places say they cant help you

PaulaF P.
Jun 12, 2017

Woah Paula, I was just trying to be helpful. I wasn't trying to insult you. I wish you the best of luck.

Timeshare T.
Jun 12, 2017

You keep tryin to talk to me like i'm dumb but guess what i went to community college and i dont need someone tellin me im stupid for trying to reduce my debt.

PaulaF P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 12, 2017 09:48 PM

Jun 13, 2017

WOW. Rude much???

JingerRogers J.
Jun 13, 2017

Seriously, what is your problem? Everyone here just wants to help other timeshare owners. There's no reason to get so angry.

Frenchiez F.
Jun 13, 2017

Before you insult someone, why don't you just take a step back and think about how the person may be trying to help you. I understand you're frustrated with your timeshare but you're being very hostile and there's no reason for that. Everyone on this forum just wants to help others. If you want help, I'd be happy to give you advice but I won't be responding to your hostility any longer.

Timeshare T.
Jun 13, 2017

im sorry your right im just madder than h*ll about this dang timeshare. They scammed me out of thousands of dollars and its not fair that just cause i refinanced now i can't have anyone help me try and get out of it. they told me i could go all over the world with the timeshare and take cruises to alaska and all kinds of lies. also they said my maintenance fees wouldnt go up ever at all but it went up by $120 this year and thats just not fair. i dont mean to be rude and im real sorry that i started yelling im just madder than a hornet and nobody can help me my family dont come around anymore and i dont know what to do anymore. im on disability and i cant afford to be spending all this money on a timeshare when i cant even drive no more. i think Westgate preys on elederly people and its not fair. i hope that even one person will see this and not ever buy a timeshare EVER.

PaulaF P.
Jun 14, 2017

I accept your apology and I'm very sorry that you're having these issues. Have you tried talking to Westgate about your medical and financial issues? They might be able to give you a deedback if you can no longer afford the timeshare.

Timeshare T.
Jun 14, 2017

You have more patience than me, I wouldn't keep trying to help somene that called ME a jerk.

JingerRogers J.
Jun 14, 2017

paulafp wrote:
...its not fair that just cause i refinanced now i can't have anyone help me try and get out of it.....also they said my maintenance fees wouldnt go up ever at all but it went up by $120 this year and thats just not fair..... i think Westgate preys on elderly people and its not fair.

I am sorry for your plight, but let's be clear here --- if you took out a loan to purchase the timeshare originally, the simple fact and truth is that NO ONE could have helped you to get rid of it with debt attached --- REGARDLESS of your later "refinancing" of the original loan. A loan is a legal, contractual obligation into which you freely and voluntarily entered; it is simply impossible to get rid of any timeshare with loan debt still attached to it. Period.

Westgate is definitely the worst of the worst, as far as lying, deceitful timeshare sales weasels go. Wyndham is a very close second, but Westgate is still the champ. By the way, Westgate does not just "prey on elderly people" --- they prey on ANYONE AND EVERYONE who makes the (completely voluntary) choice to attend their sales presentations.

I've owned several timeshares for years, all of them purchased in the resale market (not from developers). I can assure you that maintenance fees go up at EVERY timeshare on this planet, almost every year, at an average increase of of 4 to 6% per year, sometimes more . Anyone stating otherwise is either completely mistaken and / or just plain lying.

I certainly can't tell you what to do and I am genuinely sorry for your current plight, but it might be time to consider cutting your losses and just walking away if the loan payments and maintenance fees are just too much of a financial burden . You should perhaps consult with a local attorney first. You will of course lose everything you've paid in so far, but you can at least stop the future financial bleeding. Defaulting on the loan will of course have negative credit report consequences and foreclosure on the timeshare will mean that you would forfeit any and all future access to the timeshare rights, but at some point you have to stop the financial bleeding if the payments are just too much of a hardship for you.

You are absolutely right that it's not fair, but somewhere in your original contract it very clearly states that any VERBAL representations made to you are not binding in ANY way and that ONLY what is expressed IN WRITING WITHIN THE CONTRACT is legally binding.

I hope that there is a special place in Hell for deceitful timeshare sales weasels who will say ANYTHING to make a sale. For now, you have some hard choices to make. I wish you well.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 15, 2017 06:01 PM

Jun 14, 2017

i guess ill try calling wetsgate again but they always just say they cant help me until im up to date on all my maintence fees and i cant afford to pay all them. jinger why don't you mind your own business nobody was tallkin to you

PaulaF P.
Jun 14, 2017

timesharet9 wrote:
Have you tried talking to Westgate about your medical and financial issues? They might be able to give you a deedback if you can no longer afford the timeshare.

This advice would be good **IF** the timeshare at issue here was already paid off. Unfortunately however, there is still loan debt involved and Westgate does not "hold" that loan "note". Therefore, it is not within Westgate's abilities (or legal rights) to accept a "deedback" when there is loan debt attached that Westgate itself does not even "hold".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 15, 2017 03:51 AM

Jun 14, 2017

paulafp wrote:
jinger why don't you mind your own business nobody was tallkin to you

Try to at least be civil; this is an open discussion forum; it's not private conversations. Everyone is entitled to express themselves --- hopefully in a polite manner. You can accept, process, respond to (or just simply ignore) ANY input posted here, but as the old saying goes "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". You don't serve your own best interests very well by unnecessarily making people NOT want to help you. Just sayin'...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 15, 2017 09:12 AM

Jun 14, 2017

Have you been calling the collections department or owner services? Call (407) 355-1000 and see if they can help you. Good luck!

Timeshare T.
Jun 15, 2017

Since the topic of this thread is Castle Law Group, despite this thread having gone sideways, there is a thread about Castle Law Group in the "Buying, Selling & Renting" discussion forum on Timeshare Users Group site (see http://www.tug2.net). The most recent additions to that thread yesterday are the most current and interesting posts.

Castle Law Group is currently being sued in FEDERAL court in Florida by SEVERAL entities. There are links to related news items within that TUG thread. Ironically, "Castle Law Group" will apparently now be needing a good lawyer (their principal, Judson Phillips, is not even licensed to practice law in Florida at all). :-)

Although not relevant to the lawsuits, according to the news reports cited, Judson Phillips is reportedly also the founder of Tea Party Nation (...whatever on earth that might be).

What is almost (but not quite) humorous is that even slimy Westgate is also among those suing "Castle Law Group". As the TUG moderator observed already, Castle Law Group must be a VERY shady operation to get sued by the slimy likes of Westgate, Westgate certainly being no stranger to getting sued themselves. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 16, 2017 06:43 AM

Jun 15, 2017

Good advice I hope it works out for her.

Frenchiez F.
Jun 16, 2017

Not surprised at all to see this! Castle is being sued and accused of fraud.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-bz-westgate-timeshare-cancellation-20170614-story,amp.html

Laura B.

Last edited by laurab773 on Jun 16, 2017 04:40 AM

Jun 16, 2017

As the former Director of Business Development at Castle, I'm laughing my head off over this whole situation. I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I've heard rumors that there will be a third lawsuit against them too.

I have ZERO sympathy for them. They had it coming!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-bz-westgate-timeshare-cancellation-20170614-story,amp.html

ken1193 wrote:
Since the topic of this thread is Castle Law Group, despite this thread having gone sideways, there is a thread about Castle Law Group in the "Buying, Selling & Renting" discussion forum on Timeshare Users Group site (see http://www.tug2.net). The most recent additions to that thread yesterday are the most current and interesting posts.

Castle Law Group is currently being sued in Federal court in Florida by SEVERAL different entities. There are links to related news items within that TUG thread. Ironically, "Castle Law Group" will apparently now be needing a good lawyer (their principal, Judson Phillips, is not even licensed to practice law in Florida at all). :-)

What is almost (but not quite) humorous is that even slimy Westgate is also among those suing "Castle Law Group". As the TUG moderator has observed, Castle Law Group must be a VERY shady operation to get sued by the slimy likes of Westgate, Westgate certainly being no stranger to getting sued themselves. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Laura B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.