General Discussion

Help with potential Wyndham rental.

Mar 20, 2016

Trying to rent at a Wyndham, the owner has contacted me back. I asked a few questions but the answers seem quite vague, says they use paypal for invoice and says the confirmation is on the invoice with his name. Then once I pay he will will get guest cert. add my name and forward me the email. Tell me this doesn't sound right. People don't just fork over total payment before seeing the guest certificate with their name on it right? And no contract?????? i should steer clear of this one correct?

Grisel R.
Mar 20, 2016

You can find our recommended steps for engaging in a private transaction on this page: Stay Safe

If you have further questions, or need assistance, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 22, 2016

I like a phone call to discuss the vacation. Personable I would show you my reservation, in my name, and you could call to verify. I get a deposit with a 24 hour window to cancel. Get the reservation put in the renters name giving them time to call the front desk at the resort to verify they are on the reservation. Once reservation is verified and it is what they wanted, the vacation needs to be paid for. Some guest certificates cost money to add the name, I would want money down before I spent more money. Yes I have had people back out after coming across a better deal, once the reservation is in the renters name the deposit becomes non- refundable after the 24 hour grace. Trust goes both ways, we really just want to rent our places, and you really just want a vacation.

Dave
Mar 02, 2017

davidg1131 wrote:
I like a phone call to discuss the vacation. Personable I would show you my reservation, in my name, and you could call to verify. I get a deposit with a 24 hour window to cancel. Get the reservation put in the renters name giving them time to call the front desk at the resort to verify they are on the reservation. Once reservation is verified and it is what they wanted, the vacation needs to be paid for. Some guest certificates cost money to add the name, I would want money down before I spent more money. Yes I have had people back out after coming across a better deal, once the reservation is in the renters name the deposit becomes non- refundable after the 24 hour grace. Trust goes both ways, we really just want to rent our places, and you really just want a vacation.

Please have you ever had someone back out after the guest certificate was completed? If so were you able to cancel the cert and get refunded from wyndham or loose the guest fee? Its $59 right?

Lindsey H.
Mar 02, 2017

Guest certs from Wyndham are $99 when you do it online and higher if you call to do it. They are immediately non refundable. If you need to change the name another fee would apply. Most Wyndham owners who rent take a $100 or more non refundable deposit before getting a guest certificate.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.