Ask RedWeek

Wanting to sell but skeptical

Jul 02, 2016

I have 2 timeshares we were going to trade in for one in Mexico. They have offered to let us keep them and try to sell through you. Want to know what you would put them up for in price, what it would cost for 2 and possibilities of selling them. If we were to sell through you are there transfer fees etc? If so, how much and how does all that work?

Sherry S.

Last edited by sherrys278 on Jul 02, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 02, 2016

Sherry -

Please send your questions to support@redweek.com, or you can click on this link to Contact Us

We will be happy to answer all your questions about selling your timeshares.

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 04, 2016

sherrys278 wrote:
I have 2 timeshares we were going to trade in for one in Mexico. They have offered to let us keep them and try to sell through you. Want to know what you would put them up for in price, what it would cost for 2 and possibilities of selling them. If we were to sell through you are there transfer fees etc? If so, how much and how does all that work?

Were you offered this at one of those timeshare sales presentations in Mexico? If so, I will tell you that it is not a good idea and, if you still are within your rescission period, do so!

This "trade" thing is that they try to convince you that what you currently own is worth thousands and thousands of dollars. They are probably worth a couple hundred at the most. Neither these sales people not the timeshare company want your current timeshares. They just want to sell you another one at an insanely inflated price.

Do you really want to own three timeshares?

Lance C.
Jul 06, 2016

We already traded and I wanted to back out within that window but hubby did not so I will go ahead with letting them keep my 2 instead of "buying them back" from them and make the best out of it. I really think we will use the Mexico location quite a lot I just hate change! So now I have to figure out how to use this one all over again!

Sherry S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.