Timeshare Companies

Has anyone used American Consumer Credit to get out of Timeshare?

Oct 25, 2016

Has anyone out there used America Consumer Credit to get out of a Timeshare?

I have a timeshare with Welks, just signed the contract 9/29/06 and it was a huge mistake. We already put $2k down and now owe $18K.

We reached out to them and Tom Heehler contacted us. We have to pay $1100 upfront and make payments for 6 months for the remaining $1100.

They said they have up to 12 months to get us out of the contract, if not we get our money back (they can ask to have another 12 months to try to get us out).

I saw someone post that they know of people who have used The Finn Law Group and had success.

Thanks!

Aurianna P.
Oct 26, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Don P.
Oct 26, 2016

auriannap wrote:
I saw someone post that they know of people who have used The Finn Law Group and had success.

Yeah, after paying FLG thousands of dollars. Why not try negotiating with the resort yourself to take your unit back rather than paying FLG or ACC thousands of dollars to do so?

Lance C.
Oct 27, 2016

I tried to get them to take it back. The woman kept telling me they don't have a progame to do so...this was the title and loan department.

I don't know how to get to the Hoa dept.

Aurianna P.

Last edited by auriannap on Oct 27, 2016 05:46 AM

Oct 27, 2016

donp196 wrote:
NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Do you suggest a lawyer instead? I am meeting with one tomorrow who will go over my document's. He told me the same thing...don't pay anyone upfront...but I néed to do something.

Aurianna P.
Oct 27, 2016

I wish there was someone out there that actually had success getting out. I know you have DonP, and some other too, but welks is not or keeps saying they dont have a deed back. They won't negotiate, the front line people that I've been getting won't pass me to anyone else.

Aurianna P.
Oct 27, 2016

Consulting an attorney is a good move as long as you don't use one that you " heard about " on the internet. Find out what your options are legally. Every contract is different.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.