Ask RedWeek

Contact by potential timeshare customer wanting phone number

Oct 26, 2016

I was contacted by a potential customer for my timeshare week that is for sale. They want a phone number to call and discuss the unit. This sounds bogus to be in that the details of the units are available on the resorts website. Should I give them a phone number?

Thanks, Ron

Ronald P.
Oct 26, 2016

Ron -

If you have any concerns about a RedWeek member, please Contact Us with the RedWeek username or email address. We can let you know how long they have been a member and if we have any complaints on the account.

Another option would be to ask for their phone number and then call from a blocked number. Please be sure and let us know if you find the member is not a legitimate buyer or trying to promote their services so we can follow up.

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 26, 2016

I would rather conduct business online where there is written documentation of what is discussed. Some people like to hear your voice to make sure you are a real person and not "Peggy" with a male heavily accented voice.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.