Nov 01, 2016

Unfortunately I have been a victim of fraud. Although I followed the safe guards provided by red week by receiving a written contract, the owner is not responding to my emails, calls or texts. Do not rent any units from SABINA CASE, specially a unit from the Marriott Maui.

Redweek has not been able to help me. I no longer feel comfortable renting from this website. Every transaction requires a leap of faith and in this case the renters were fraudulent scammers.

Mary N.

Last edited by maryn127 on Nov 01, 2016 07:53 PM

Nov 02, 2016

If you paid with a credit card through Paypal, notify your Credit card company and open a dispute.

Tracey S.
Nov 03, 2016

Mary -

I'm sorry to hear you believe your transaction was fraudulent. Our Fraud team is currently investigating the matter. For future reference, you may want to consider the option of using the rental escrow service in order to ensure a safe transaction.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 03, 2016

I have been informed that Sabina's email account had been hacked. However, I do not understand how they were able to provide me with confirmation number that showed they did in fact have the unit for the week they said they did. I plan on calling the District Attorney in Maui and filing a complaint. Thank you for your response. So disappointed this happened.

Mary N.
Dec 16, 2016

I am very sorry for maryn's unfortunate experience. I have absolutely NO affiliation with RedWeek (other than my own paid membership here), but in all fairness no web site (including RedWeek) can realistically be blamed or responsible for what happens with the personal email accounts of people simply using a third party web site to advertise.

People advertising on (or responding to ads on) RedWeek are merely RedWeek customers, over whom RedWeek has absolutely no influence or control, just as on any similar site. However, in my own personal experience after some years here, RedWeek has far fewer problems with scammers than most any other timeshare related site that I am aware of. After all, anyone posting (or responding to) an ad on RedWeek must first be a paid member and very few scammers choose to create and leave behind a "paper trail" by which they can potentially be traced, identified and located (...and maybe even prosecuted) later.

One scam that seems to be reported with increasing frequency in the last year or so in the timeshare world is the creation and use of phony reservation documents, made possible after a "hack" into a timeshare owners email and / or other accounts for the information and details necessary to create the bogus document. However, these situations can generally be detected and / or averted early on by the would-be tenant simply verifying the legitimacy of any such document directly with the resort involved.

Using an escrow service such as that offered via RedWeek may be beneficial to a tenant, but all timeshare owners have to pay their maintenance fees long in advance of the usage week and many owners understandably do NOT want to have to wait until weeks AFTER a rental has been completed before receiving their rental payment. As a timeshare owner, I don't often rent out weeks, but I certainly understand (and share) that viewpoint.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 16, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 17, 2016

Another positive tool Redweek has implemented is the 'Redweek Verified' tool, where they verify that one actually owns a timeshare at the resort they say!! I am a Timeshare Owner of multiple weeks in Aruba and when we have availability, we use Redweek and then have it RW Verified so it's legit to potential Renters - it works!!

Vern S.
Mar 16, 2023

How much did this outfit charge you for its alleged services?

Lance C.
May 17, 2023

we filed, they paid the scammers, Mariott, the same.

Liliia M.
May 19, 2023

Hello Mary,

I'm so sorry you have been a victim of fraud. I have rented my timeshare with Redweek and paid for them to manage everything. They will confirm the reservation I made is accurate before I can even post it. If you want to try Redweek again email me I'll be happy to help you. Change2009111@gmail.com

Cathy

Cathy A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.