Comments

ask-redweek-timeshare-owners-vs-developers

Sep 18, 2019

@diannem158 What is the name of your law firm? I need help. Please email me at miecuenco@yahoo.com

@reedweek and @Jeff Weir Thanks for an informative article.

Mie C.
Sep 20, 2019

Looking for relief from Wyndham...they did not accept my call the next day after the meeting that rescinded my agreement and have continued to call incessantly by robocaller ...ruined my credit card which I have always had...who can help...

Diane E.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 20, 2019 09:03 AM

Oct 14, 2019

I was lied to by Orange Lake Resorts. Looking at the following class action against them: https://bit.ly/2Mhh1VO. Does anybody know about this? They are suing to change jurisdiction and have the case heard outside of Florida, because in Orlando the courts are in bed with the developers.

Jay R.
Oct 17, 2019

Latisha s need help filing claim against summer bay Orlando

Latisha S.
Dec 26, 2019

hungl10, Did you find anything against Hilton grand vacations? If so I’m also interested and have another person interested

Thomas H.

Last edited by thomash633 on Dec 26, 2019 09:14 PM

Jan 09, 2020

I am interested in joining a class action lawsuit against my timeshare company in Las Vegas. Does anyone know of a pending class action against timeshare companies in Nevada?

Eddie L.
Jan 12, 2020

Is there a page for cited information used in this article? I would like to cite the case number, please. Thanks!

Melanie G.
Jan 21, 2020

I would like to know if we can sue or at least report a timeshare reseller company for fraudulent statements during the presentation and the fact that I was under emotional distress and heavy medication due to the loss of my mother, that they played on in order to make their sale? We are deeding it back due to my medical conditions and the financial hardship it is also causing us due to rise in insurance deductibles, and have never used the timeshare. Are there any laws in place for consumers like us? We lost about 10,000 for something we never even used and cannot use at this time in our lives. We signed up in Feb of 2018. Didn't even use the "free" vacation or cruise either. So basically we just gave someone $10000 of money we really couldn't afford. How can this be legal???

Stephanie M.

Last edited by stephaniem832 on Jan 21, 2020 12:07 PM

Feb 07, 2020

Has anyone sued a timeshare resort that closed and then tried to force you to transfer deed to another one of their horrible resorts or be billed until the resort sold? I'm currently in this situation. Resort is in South Carolina.

Barbara E.
Feb 11, 2020

I have a Wyndham resort destination Ownership They told us we could Sale it we can let other people use it and they lied about my income I am disabled have not made a payment in over a year NEED HELP I am in Alabama need to join a class ACTION lawsuit

Eugene E.

Last edited by eugenee28 on Feb 11, 2020 06:07 AM

Feb 11, 2020

I have a Wyndham resort destination Ownership They told us we could Sale it we can let other people use it and they lied about my income I am disabled have not made a payment in over a year NEED HELP I am in Alabama need a class ACTION lawsuit I can join

Eugene E.

Last edited by eugenee28 on Feb 11, 2020 06:10 AM

Feb 11, 2020

I have a Wyndham resort destination Ownership They told us we could Sale it we can let other people use it and they lied about my income I am disabled have not made a payment in over a year NEED HELP I am in Alabama need a class ACTION lawsuit

Eugene E.
Feb 11, 2020

Does someone knows anything about this company? They say they work with you to get rid of your timeshare thru a class action suit, but I cannot find much about them only their website. Have someone used them. please contact me if you know something. Here is the information. The American Association of Vacation Ownership Team Address: 11035 Lavender Hill Dr. Ste. 160, 484 Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

Aisha E.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 11, 2020 05:27 PM

Feb 26, 2020

Owners at Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge resorts in Ontario, Canada...developer and management company Wyndham. We have an archaic timeshare agreement containing "In-Perpetuity" clause, one sided bylaws and agreement favour the developer not the consumer. Owners are aging out, delinquencies are 20% and increasing, we are trapped. Wyndham says our legacy resort has no value, no one wants it. We have been asking for an exit strategy since Wyndham took over. They ignore us. Owners are desperate. We have over 2,000 owners on FB at "Carriage Hills and Carriage Ridge Owners". Check out CHCROwners.org. Wyndham making record profits and our own HOA is suing owners for non payment of fees. We are not allowed access to Wyndham's Ovation program...they only want marketable units and they have repeatedly said that we are not...yet they rent their units for less than we pay for maintenance fees. Share this post please...we are trying to reach all owners to make them aware of the financial situation at the resorts and the concerns with ever increasing maintenance fees.

Maggie J.
Apr 10, 2020

I am looking to join a law suit against Hilton grand vacations.

Wen L.
Apr 14, 2020

Westgate Resorts do the another scam to the owners who did not buy the timeshare from them. They did not inform the owners that they will charge $600 for the timeshare exchange banking to their resorts. the owners bought the timeshare from them will buy less than $200 for exchange. This scam needs to be settled.

金 勳.
Apr 14, 2020

wenl5 wrote:
I am looking to join a law suit against Hilton grand vacations.

And I am looking to win the lottery; we will both likely be disappointed.

Although I do not own within HGVC, I know from many years of personal timeshare experience that HGVC is very highly regarded by those who own within the HGVC system, actually one of the most popular timeshare "chains" in terms of owner / customer satisfaction. You will be very hard pressed to find "a lawsuit to join" against HGVC. I'll go a step further and say that I would be genuinely shocked if you could ever find one at all --- anywhere.

Pray tell, what exactly is the nature of your "beef" with HGVC that has you even thinking about a lawsuit against HGVC in the first place???

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 16, 2020 11:29 AM

May 23, 2020

There are so many complaints on line about time shares and especially Wyndham and its subsidiary companies. We would also like to find people who are interested in a class action case or have done one. It is hard to find lawyers for that and it seems there are reasons. What Wyndham is doing now, this cross selling and loading people with all sorts of products they never anticipated filled with debt, like credit cards, bank accounts, and so on is exactly what Wells Fargo did - Called cross selling and if you look at the documentary on Dirty Money the Wells Fargo episode is exactly what Wyndham is doing now. There must be a way to stop this and if we keep talking about it and pointing to this dreadful sales practice which targets elders, a protected group, maybe someone will hear us.

Shar S.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 23, 2020 05:22 PM

Jul 08, 2020

I worked in the world of timeshare for over 2 years (including Diamond). The story I have to tell is eye-opening. In most cases, you were deceived. You have to read my whole story at my blog: https://timesharethewholetruth.com/

Candace C.
Feb 14, 2021

I am amazed that Westgate's deception has gone on for almost a decade now. We purchased at Westgate of the Smoky Mountains in 2011, we did not receive the POS with the first purchase and received the wrong POS with our 2nd purchase. Obviously, Westgate has made so much money with scamming people that even the punitive damages ordered by the court didn't change the way they operate. This article was written in 2015 and comments and complaints continue to surface.

Lori K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.