Ask RedWeek

Financing

May 23, 2017

What are financing options for purchases?

Pam M.
May 24, 2017

If you are talking "developer" it's done thru a third party. If you need to finance it on your own, it's not worth it.

William P.
May 24, 2017

If you need to finance a timeshare then don't buy it. A timeshare is an expensive luxury . It's a vacation in the future . There is a good chance your life will change over the years and the expense of the timeshare might become a burden and you will find it nearly impossible to rid yourself of the financial obligation .

My advice would be to rent from someone rather than purchase on your own. Thais way you can enjoy the use of the timeshare without committing yourself to a lifetime of ever increasing maintenance fees.

Don P.
May 24, 2017

donp196 wrote:
If you need to finance a timeshare then don't buy it. A timeshare is an expensive luxury . It's a vacation in the future . There is a good chance your life will change over the years and the expense of the timeshare might become a burden and you will find it nearly impossible to rid yourself of the financial obligation .

My advice would be to rent from someone rather than purchase on your own. Thais way you can enjoy the use of the timeshare without committing yourself to a lifetime of ever increasing maintenance fees.

I agree. Financing a timeshare purchase is unwise, bordering on foolhardy. If you have to finance a timeshare purchase you shouldn't be buying at all and the mandatory annual maintenance fees will very soon become an unwelcome burden. Anyone insisting on purchasing should do so ONLY in the resale market and ONLY when they can afford to pay for it in full at the time of purchase AND be able to pay the mandatory annual maintenance fees without strain or incurring financial hardship.

Rental (instead of ownership) will allow you to go exactly where you want to go, exactly when you want to go --- and only when you feel you can comfortably afford to do so.

Timeshare acquisition is always easy, but later parting company with ownership and its' obligations is NOT easy and remember --- maintenance fees are FOREVER. In my opinion, financing ANY timeshare purchase is a fool's errand and a profoundly unwise decision.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 27, 2017 01:41 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.