Comments

ask-redweek-helping-hoas-keep-lid-on-fees

May 28, 2017

I have two paid off timeshare deeds with Bluegreen Corporation within the last ten years. Would you know or can direct me to whom to contact or the best course of action to take if I like to get out of the timeshare by defaulting on the Yearly Membership and Maintenance Fees spreaded out between the two deeds where annual allotted points are generated to alloy for booking at their various Resort Locations. Since 2006 and 2012, in lieu of purchasing the points scale timeshare, between the two deeds it's cost me $19,600.00 at an average of $950.00 a year in fees/etc. # What is a woman who's recently retired and have a structured income to do. PleaseScript!.."Keep Hope Alive"

Terry J B.

Last edited by on May 28, 2017 02:41 PM

Jul 29, 2020

What’s the first step to sell or rent my property? Ed

Edwin T.
Jul 29, 2020

The first and most important step is to not pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell or rent out your property. Those operations are scams. The second step is to get a realistic idea of what your property is worth on the resale market. Most are worth around zero dollars. One good gauge to find out is to find similar completed listings on E-Bay to see what they actually sold for.

Your next step would be to list your property for sale or rent on a reputable website such as here on RedWeek. You can also try E-Bay, Craigslist (just be prepared for a lot of spam and scam responses), My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.