Point Systems

VIP at Marriott

Aug 01, 2017

I just did a presentation for marriott destination points. The sales man told me I was eligible for the VIP program and I can get 12 weeks a year at Marriotts cost at Marriott properties. In an example he showed me a deal in Orlando for $41 dollars a day. This is outside of the points system. He told me I was a select few. Does everybody get this and how does it work? Reading the forum it sounds like people may. It's what made me really consider doing the Destination Points. I'm in my 10 day recision period.

Michael D.

Last edited by michaeld1266 on Aug 02, 2017 06:33 AM

Aug 02, 2017

I would rescind immediately . Anything you purchase from the developer is way over priced. They are masters at selling over priced products to the public . They spend millions of dollars developing sales techniques to sell those high priced products by making them sound affordable. Read the fine print and you will find that everything in the contract is at the discretion of the developer . It's a one sided contract.....you pay them money and they decide if you get to use it.

Don P.
Aug 02, 2017

I agree that NO developer-direct purchase is EVER truly a "good deal", regardless of all the happy talk and promotional spin that the smiling, deceitful sales weasels are peddling.

Rescind while you still can. I'd also be willing to bet that the "Marriott's cost" nonsense you mention is actually nowhere to be found within the contract you executed. If present there at all, surely includes a laundry list of constraints, limitations and restrictions on availability. Rest assured that whatever is not very clearly expressed and guaranteed *in writing within that contract* simply does not exist at all in the eyes of the law --- regardless of any empty, legally meaningless oral representations made by Sally or Sammy Salesweasel.

No offense or disrespect intended, but you're not "special". The next person in the door will also be among "a select few" for "VIP" --- and the person after that and the person after that. Don't succumb to bogus flattery. Do yourself a huge favor and rescind while you still can.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 02, 2017 10:33 AM

Aug 02, 2017

Yeah, the VIP portion is what sold me. 12 weeks at Marriotts cost was nice per year. I was deadset against it until we spoke about this. Eventually it would be a nice feature and could offset other vacations. Anybody know this program? Is it real?

Michael D.

Last edited by michaeld1266 on Aug 02, 2017 10:36 AM

Aug 02, 2017

michaeld1266 wrote:
Yeah, the VIP portion is what sold me. 12 weeks at Marriotts cost was nice per year. I was deadset against it until we spoke about this. Eventually it would be a nice feature and could offset other vacations. Anybody know this program? Is it real?

Not to belabor the point, but what does YOUR CONTRACT say? That's ALL that matters --- not Internet endorsements from unknown people who may, for all you know, be "shills".

You have made reference to "Marriott's cost" in two separate posts. The obvious question is whether this "Marriott's cost" is specifically identified and clearly defined somewhere within the contents of your contract. I'll stand to be corrected if mistaken, but I'm betting NO. How can you possibly be confident that it's a "nice feature" unless it is clearly and precisely identified and defined somewhere within your contract, including specific terms and conditions of availability, any applicable restrictions and the reservation procedure itself?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here. On the contrary, I'm attempting to help you make very clear and precise distinctions between oral salesweasel drivel and written contract content. Rarely are they the same --- often they don't even particularly resemble one another.

Marriott ain't cheap, so proceed only with both eyes wide open and being fully informed after thoroughly examining the entirety of the contract you signed. The available rescission period is finite, as provided by applicable state law. Caveat Emptor --- Buyer Beware!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 02, 2017 06:08 PM

Aug 02, 2017

Thanks guys. I just found out that I have a friend in the business. He confirmed that what the guy says is parcially right. The part about being a select few, which threw up red flags, isn't correct. Everybody gets 12 weeks of available properties. I think I'm going to recind.

Michael D.
Aug 04, 2017

Yes, He was talking about Getaways through Interval. Anyone who belongs to interval (owning any timeshare associated with that exchange company) has access to Getaways. They vary in price by resort, size and time of year. Occasionally you might even get a sale lower than $300 per week but in general, using Orlando as an example because it has a lot of availability expect to pay $300-$1200 for a getaway.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.