Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Help Selling my timeshare

Aug 17, 2017

I have some timeshare with Hoildayinn INN Club Vacation at Orange Lake Resort Kissimmee, FL. It is week 31 West Village. I have inherit other timeshare form a family member and I wants to sell this one. Who is ligit and not Charging an upfront fee. Need some recommendations and contacts. Any help will be much appreciate. Thanks in advance

Margaree J.
Aug 17, 2017

margareej wrote:
I have some timeshare...I have inherit other timeshare form a family member and I wants to sell this one. Who is ligit and not Charging an upfront fee. Need some recommendations and contacts. Any help will be much appreciate.

The first and most important rule is to never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam. From what you described, I have a stern feeling that your unit is worth about zero dollars on the resale market. You can contact some legitimate resale brokers at ltrba.com. They will be upfront and honest with you and they will probably tell you what I just told you...that your unit is worth about zero dollars resale. So don't fall for any of these scams that claim they can sell your unit for thousands of dollars.

You can try listing your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek. You can also try other legitimate resale websites such as E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). Make sure you are well aware of what your unit is worth approximately on the resale market and price yours accordingly. Again, this is a grim reminder that it is probably worth about zero dollars. You might even have to offer to pay closing costs (about $200) and maybe even the next maintenance fee for the new owner/taker.

Another possible suggestion if you realize that your unit is worth about zero dollars is to ask the resort's Homeowners' Association if it will take your unit back. It might ask that you pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. This way you are not dealing with any questionable third party. It might help that you demand that they take it back and threaten not to make another maintenance fee payment. If the HOA realizes that you are serious, it might acquiesce realizing that it is cheaper and easier to take your unit back than it would be to foreclose.

Lance C.
Aug 18, 2017

Did the advice work? $0? Harry

Harry B.
Aug 18, 2017

Ridgewood TS (Wyndham) in Flagstaff not only took it back,. all I did was a Quit Claim and mailed it back. I don't get any money but the high maintenance fees have ended! I was willed this TS. Never purchase a TS!!!

Harry B.
Aug 18, 2017

harryb132 wrote:
Never purchase a TS!!!

I wouldn't say "never purchase a timeshare". I would say do your research first and decide if one is right for you. For some people and their travel needs and preferences, a timeshare makes sense. For others, it doesn't.

Since you said it was willed to you, likely you received it without doing much research. That is usually a recipe for disaster.

I would also be more specific about one more thing regarding your statement. Never purchase a timeshare from the developer at a sales presentation.

Lance C.
Aug 29, 2017

Thanks for the information. I will check out all of the contact information. I am just sad to here that it is worth zero dollars. Once again thanks.

Margaree J.
Aug 30, 2017

Thanks for the information

Shelley

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.