Ask RedWeek

re-renting

Sep 06, 2017

If I rent a unit from an owner and then can't use it, can I rent it to someone else?

Gloria T.
Sep 06, 2017

Gloria -

You should have a rental contract in place that states what happens in the case of a cancelation. Some owners will refund part or all of your payment if they are able to re-rent the week. If you don't have a rental agreement in place, you would need to contact the owner directly to see what their policy is.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 07, 2017

gloriat62 wrote:
If I rent a unit from an owner and then can't use it, can I rent it to someone else?

A well prepared rental contract will very specifically PROHIBIT any sub-lease. After all, as a tenant (not the actual owner) , the interval is not yours to rent out to someone else anyhow. An owner certainly has the right to know and control exactly who is occupying his / her unit.

Refund / cancellation policy is a separate matter and is also usually very specifically spelled out in great detail in any well prepared rental contract. No rental should ever be conducted without a very clear, specific, detailed and mutually signed rental agreement, in my opinion.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 07, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 07, 2017

thanks for your answers

Gloria T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.