General Discussion

Marriott timeshare insurance through their carrier called Travelex

Sep 11, 2017

This statement is unbelievable!

"In regards to your inquiry , the policy offered by Marriott Vacation Club does offer some coverages in relation to reasons for cancelling or interrupting a covered trip due to natural disasters. However, the natural disaster would need to be unforeseen at the time of plan purchase. As of today, Hurricanes Irma, Jose and Katia are considered foreseen and, as such, would not be eligible for coverages under our policies. So during game a hurricane season any hurricane to come along after a plan purchase would be foreseen. Now I would expand that to an earthquake aftershock occurring even months after purchase as it can be foreseen. I wonder what the Florida and Texas Attorney Generals would State on the hurricanes being foreseen?

Michael B.
Sep 11, 2017

michael3092 wrote:
I wonder what the Florida and Texas Attorney Generals would State on the hurricanes being foreseen?

Why wonder? Ask them.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 11, 2017 08:39 AM

Sep 11, 2017

I will soon but right now in Aruba

Michael B.
Sep 11, 2017

My understanding of the insurance is once a particular storm becomes a named storm and you buy after it has been named then it isn't covered. So for example if I buy today and plan a trip to myrtle beach and it is hit by Jose, I would be out of luck. If I plan a trip for Myrtle Beach and buy the insurance now and am hit by some hurricane that hasn't been named (I think they name them when they become tropical depressions), I would be fine and it would be covered. I would also be fine if I buy insurance and plan a trip for late next August because obviously nothing has been named. You just couldn't have said last week, I think I am going to plan a trip to Miami next week but I want to buy the insurance incase we are effected by Irma.

It is a little confusing the way you describe it but I have seen other types of insurance with they type of exception so I think that is what they are referring to.

Tracey S.
Sep 12, 2017

I understand the rules about foreseen hurricanes but from definitions if your rental had an earthquake and another occurs later it becomes a foreseen occurrence. I cannot see why there would not be coverage if the storm , depression, etc is not named yet. I just bought the CSA rental trip coverage for Marco Island October 1st. The rental house escaped Undamaged . If other than Hurrican Jose comes up I expect to be covered.

Michael B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.