Ask RedWeek

listings are NOT CURRENT

Sep 15, 2017

I just joined redweek and I have contacted 2 different people who have both told me they units have been rented for sometime now. Why are they still listed as available? How can I tell what is REALLY available?

Karen B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 15, 2017 07:19 PM

Sep 15, 2017

Karen -

With do-it-yourself rental postings, it's up to the owner to remove their posting once their rental is no longer available. Unfortunately there are some owners who fail to do this.

If you will Contact Us (support@redweek.com) and let us know the posting numbers that are rented, we will follow up with the owners to make sure these postings are removed.

If you are unable to find the week you are looking for, please let us know within 30 days and we will be happy to fully refund your membership fee.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 16, 2017

karenb203 wrote:
I just joined redweek and I have contacted 2 different people who have both told me they units have been rented for sometime now. Why are they still listed as available? How can I tell what is REALLY available?

I cannot and do not speak for RedWeek, but I will certainly speak for myself as a timeshare owner, long time RedWeek member and occasional advertiser (and renter) on RedWeek.

For starters, let's remember that rental ads are purchased for a six month time period --- ads cannot just remain in place indefinitely. I must also point out that rentals can (and do) sometimes "go south" when a prospective tenant cancels unexpectedly, or fails to sign or return a rental contract, or fails to submit full payment, or sends a check that "bounces". Therefore, I completely understand, respect and fully support any owner leaving his / her ad posted until *ALL* details of an advertised rental are successfully concluded. However, an owner can and should AMEND their rental listing to indicate "currently under agreement, but contact me for current status", when there is a transaction already in progress, but not yet fully completed. That's my own personal opinion (and my own personal practice). There are TWO different sides and TWO different perspectives with rentals. No offense or disrespect intended, but as a prospective tenant who initiated only two contacts, you may not be fully considering that you are on just ONE side of a TWO sided coin.

I'm hopeful and confident that you'll successfully find a rental after making more than just two inquiries. Maybe have a little more patience and perseverance --- and Good luck!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 20, 2017 04:37 AM

Sep 17, 2017

Phyllis, I understand there are 2 sides to every story and I was by no means angry or trying to speak poorly of the site. As I stated I was new and didn't start out well by my first few contacts saying their units were sold but still on the site as available. I was simply asking in an attempt to educate myself on how this works. Since then I have met a extremely nice owner who I am doing business with. It would be nice however if people did update their status to avoid unnecessary delays. Thank you , Karen

Karen B.
Sep 17, 2017

I'm happy to hear you have been able to find what you are looking for Karen.

We are sometimes contacted by new members who find the rental they wanted is no longer available and don't understand why it is still on the website. As Ken mentioned, it might be the owner is still waiting for final payment or the rental contract to be returned. In this case, we recommend the owner puts a note in the Details section to prevent frustration by letting potential renters know the status of their rental week. As I mentioned, please feel free to let us know when you encounter a posting that is already rented and we will be happy to follow up with the owner.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 28, 2018

Hi, earlier this year I requested for sale of our time share at Westgate Lake resort by Redweek. Our ticket was assigned as F39647. I have lost track of the process. Is it possible Redweek to pursue the process.I will appreciate your prompt follow up. what will take to put in the postal add.As far as I know it was never posted. Thank you ,Chandra Raj, member, Redweek

Chandra R.
Nov 28, 2018

Chandra R.: I looked up this full-service resale ticket (F39647) and it shows the $125 fee was refunded on March 16. If you would like to purchase another full-service resale posting, you can get started here: Sell My Timeshare

If you need further assistance, please go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.