Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Advice on renting multiple consecutive weeks

Oct 07, 2017

Hi, we are from the UK so flying to Florida means that we would prefer to have two consecutive weeks at a resort (Vistana Resort is our fav). When looking through redweek finding consecutive weeks is a bit a challenge. So my question is, short of checking every week to see if they come up is it somehow possible to reserve a week whilst looking for another one, or does Redweek or another company offer a service where they can somehow check automatically when two are available? Or perhaps there are companies who buy timeshares and then rent out a couple of weeks.

any advice much appreciated

thanks

kaz

Kaz K.
Oct 07, 2017

Finding consecutive weeks at the same resort in the rental market will be difficult. If you find a private rental advertised (whether on RedWeek or elsewhere) for a week you want to rent, you could always then contact that same resort directly to see if they might have any "house" rentals available for the preceding or following week. You will generally pay at least 25% more (plus local occupancy taxes, usually 11-12%) when renting directly from a resort (as opposed to a private rental from an owner), but it's an option to consider if you are truly determined to spend two consecutive weeks at the same place.

Although it would definitely require time and effort, you can also look on multiple timeshare-related sites for an adjoining week once you find the first week. Besides RedWeek, check rental listings on Timeshare Users Group and MyResortNetwork.com. You might get lucky and find consecutive weeks that way, but it will require some luck and fortuitous timing.

People who own a lot of points within a system (e.g., Wyndham) can sometimes arrange for multiple consecutive weeks (with enough advance planning), but that will be difficult to coordinate with an owner. Also, it seems that you are interested in one particular resort (which may not be associated with any points system at all; I don't know the property).

Just some assorted thoughts and suggestions. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 08, 2017 08:51 AM

Oct 07, 2017

I am in a point system (Holiday Inn Club Vacations) and making reservations 2 or three weeks long is not a problem especially in Orlando so finding someone in a point system could be helpful. You can also pick your dates and it does not have to be based on 7 night weeks. I do this regularly for myself and guests. The 10 month window (in our case) is important when trying to stretch a vacation. Also not having to move to another villa is nice.

Happy travels !

Dave

Dave

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.