Ask RedWeek

I payed for my timeshare IN FULL and got foreclosured for missing the annual maintenance fee.

Oct 10, 2017

I payed for my timeshare in full ($100k+) and got foreclosured for missing the annual maintenance fee and I would like to know if there is any way for me to get it back. Please help!!!

Marcelo V.
Oct 11, 2017

marcelov5 wrote:
I payed for my timeshare in full ($100k+) and got foreclosured for missing the annual maintenance fee and I would like to know if there is any way for me to get it back. Please help!!!

NEVER in my 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience have I ever heard of ANYONE paying "$100k+" for ANY timeshare anywhere on Planet Earth. Accordingly , I am skeptical about the veracity and credibility of your post, but I will respond anyhow.

Any resort can foreclose for non-payment of maintenance fees, although it is generally a measure of last resort (no pun intended). When foreclosure is initiated for non-payment of fees (at least here in the U.S.), it's usually only AFTER extensive communications and notifications and extended opportunities to get the account up to date, followed (if no response is received) by aggressive collection efforts, with foreclosure usually initiated only after several YEARS of non-payment of fees and unresponsiveness to communications and collection efforts. You don't provide or mention ANY of those highly relevant and pertinent details, nor do you even identify the country in which this foreclosure allegedly occurred.

Once foreclosure is lawfully completed, the resort / company / HOA essentially retrieves and holds legal ownership. Once the foreclosure process is lawfully completed, the former owner becomes exactly that --- the FORMER owner, completely (and permanently) out of the picture. I have never heard of any U.S. timeshare entity initiating foreclosure proceedings without first providing extensive communications and offering numerous opportunities to bring the account up to date. This process generally occurs over a period of a few YEARS, but your post does not identify a resort, or a company, or a time frame (or even a country) in which this alleged foreclosure supposedly occurred. SOMETHING "ain't quite right" here.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 13, 2017 04:51 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.