Ask RedWeek

Timeshare exit

Dec 01, 2017

Has anyone heard of or conducted business with Tanya's Timeshares in Wyoming?

Marilyn L.
Dec 01, 2017

marilynl122 wrote:
Has anyone heard of or conducted business with Tanya's Timeshares in Wyoming?

I haven't heard of them. Can you provide more details like what you are trying to do with this company or what this company is promising you?

The name sounds like a company that has a whole bunch of timeshares for sale or rent. On the other hand, from the title of this thread, it sounds like one of those companies that supposedly "cancels" your timeshare. Could you please provide a few more relevant details?

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Dec 02, 2017 07:52 PM

Dec 02, 2017

Please tell us what Tanya's timeshares says it does .

Don P.
Dec 02, 2017

In googling it, it was Inc. 20114 in Cheyenne, wy. that deals in TS either bought or some other way owns, rents, or manages TS. Must be in some out of the way hole in the wall, according to bizapieda there has 250 different businesses at this address. They show some offerings of different places, and you "want to get rid of your TS and MF's are paid up, and in a good location" they MAY......take it off your hands(according to them) with out further explanations. I don't think I'd put my eggs in that basket............better to sell it yourself. As stated many times never pay anyone, or assign your interest to someone else to get rid of your TS.

Side note; good yo see you Don and Lance.

William P.

Last edited by williamp511 on Dec 02, 2017 10:49 AM

Dec 02, 2017

Huge red flags . Sounds like a scam company to me .

Don P.
Dec 02, 2017

Okay but can you tell us what you are wanting to do with this company or your timeshare (if you own one)? Or could you tell us what this company is promising you and for how much?

Lance C.
Dec 03, 2017

I own a couple of timeshares that we are not fully utilizing and would like to get rid of them. An internet search led me to this organization. The input from participants let's me know that this is NOT a good path to take.

The Red week website links me a option to sell the timeshare (on Red week for a fairly nominal fee). Has anyone successfully sold a timeshare using this option? Mine are all on the east coast and in well maintained locations. We've visited each in the last year and found them in good condition and full or nearly full capacity (so still popular options). We felt we've gotten our value from these (when our family was younger) but now it's almost a chore to utilize them fully.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Marilyn L.

Last edited by marilynl122 on Dec 03, 2017 03:29 AM

Dec 03, 2017

marilynl122 wrote:
I own a couple of timeshares that we are not fully utilizing and would like to get rid of them. An internet search led me to this organization. The input from participants let's me know that this is NOT a good path to take.

The Red week website links me a option to sell the timeshare (on Red week for a fairly nominal fee). Has anyone successfully sold a timeshare using this option? Mine are all on the east coast and in well maintained locations. We've visited each in the last year and found them in good condition and full or nearly full capacity (so still popular options). We felt we've gotten our value from these (when our family was younger) but now it's almost a chore to utilize them fully.

I'll share my limited (but recent) experience advertising a timeshare "for sale" on RedWeek.

I sold a fixed week just a few months ago advertising it on RedWeek. I sold the week for $1,500 less than my listed price, but it sold very promptly. I had wanted to "close" before "maintenance fee bill season" (which I did), so I didn't try to "hold out" for a higher offer.

RedWeek is a great advertising site for timeshare sales or rentals, *BUT* the advertised interval must obviously be something for which there is actually some interest or market demand out there in terms of BOTH location AND season --- and it obviously must also be competitively priced. Remember too that no one cares one bit what YOU paid for your timeshare previously. All that really matters is the resale value in the open market TODAY.

I had purchased the week that I just sold in the resale market 3 years earlier, intending to keep and use it, but the dates didn't work for us 3 years in a row, so I decided to sell it off. I had probably overpaid a bit previously; the $1,500 lower figure I accepted when I resold was, in retrospect, probably about what it was really worth anyhow. Resale market supply and demand and value for timeshares simply "is what it is" at any given point in time. Fortunately, my week was in a desirable, high demand location in high demand / low supply season.

This was my only experience SELLING a timeshare week using RedWeek, although I have successfully RENTED OUT weeks many times (approximately ten times) over about the past decade by advertising on RedWeek.

Hope some of this input helps you. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 04, 2017 06:57 AM

Dec 03, 2017

My wife and I have rented and sold properties using Red Week. At our age in down sizing our portfolio, we bought high demand, where everyone wanted to be and have made money from them both renting and selling. We bought our first over 20 yrs. ago, at the dog and pony show, but after renting and then selling it obviously we didn't make original price, but we did use it yearly, rented it when we didn't, and still made a good return in the sale. All that being said if you have a good property, where everyone else wants to be, used it to your benefit for yrs. Will you make your original price back? probably not.....will you get a decent return.....(as long as you're realistic.....YES) patience, perseverance, is the key. Good luck going forward.

marilynl122 wrote:

William P.
Dec 03, 2017

Thank you to those who responded to my inquiry. I'm feeling slightly more hopeful.

Marilyn L.
Dec 03, 2017

marilynl122 wrote:
I'm feeling slightly more hopeful.

Slightly more hopeful about what? If it's that you won't fall for a scam, then great! I'm glad others and I could be of help.

But may I ask, what was your intention of contacting (and possibly doing business with) Tanya's timeshares?

Lance C.
Dec 04, 2017

Slightly more hopeful that I can sell the timeshare, albeit at a very low cost, utilizing a reputable avenue, likely to be Red week.

My original question about Tanya's Timeshares was to learn if anyone knew about the organization. Feedback on this forum has let me know this is NOT a viable option for exiting my timeshare ownership.

Again thanks to all who provided insight about this organization and their experience using Red Week.

Marilyn L.
Dec 04, 2017

marilynl122 wrote:
Again thanks to all who provided insight about this organization and their experience using Red Week.

One final thought, for whatever it may be worth....

There are several different options if placing a "for sale" listing on RedWeek, each one having different costs. Speaking only for myself, although I endorse (and I use) RedWeek as an advertising site, I do not need or want to use (or pay for) RedWeek's "full service" option.

The small additional cost ($14.95?) to have your RedWeek ad "verified" is worthwhile. That "verified" status simply means that RedWeek has independently confirmed (directly with the resort, after you provide RedWeek with a deed copy) that you are the actual owner of the unit / week advertised for sale. Aside from paying for that "RedWeek verified" status, my personal view is that I can surely answer any and all questions about the resort / week / unit I'm advertising on RedWeek more quickly and more accurately and in far more detail than some broker who has never actually set foot on the property at all and therefore probably knows NOTHING about the resort or the area. On the other hand, if you want a "completely hands off" level of involvement in trying to sell your timeshare, the "full service" option might be attractive to you, despite its' additional costs. To each their own.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 04, 2017 05:08 PM

Dec 04, 2017

Myself I would stick to a trusted website like Redweek .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.