Timeshare Companies

Marriott sales pitch...."so easy to reserve your weeks"...LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!

Apr 24, 2018

Today, I called MVC owner services, as I have for 15 years, 9:00:01 EST and as a multiple weeks owner, my goal was to rent my consecutive weeks from May 25, 2019 at MGO. The call was answered by the system and I was placed on hold, which typically lasts 5-10 seconds on inventory release dates such as this before a CSR answers.

After 10 minutes, I picked up my wife's cell and called the same number and was also put on hold...I now have two phones on hold, one from 9:00 and one from 9:10....at 9:15 they answer the line that I called in on at 9:10! My first line remains on hold with the periodic recording playing thanking me for my patience....I ask the CSR for my reservation dates and am told there is no inventory, which I fully expected after a 15 minute wait, because of the delay. I explain the problem I had and asked to speak to a supervisor. Here is where it really gets good.

Katen, the supervisor comes on the line...a total witch from the "get go"...and proceeds to ignore my complaint about being on hold and informs me the waits on a high demand day sometimes go to 20 minutes....I rebutted, I've never had to wait for an agent to pick up more than 10 seconds in 15 years of calls on high demand days. At this time my first line is at 22 minutes on hold...she explains that as "I don't know what line you called"....so I told her the number and she admits I called the correct line, BUT "I don't know what line the system tried to transfer you to." HUH? I'm still on hold, now 25 minutes! I tell her my problem is I have been denied my opportunity to reserve my weeks because their phone system obviously malfunctioned. She then tells me I "own a season and have no guarantee of any specific days"....I say I understand that but I didn't get a chance to obtain the dates I wanted because the system didn't allow me to get to an agent in a timely manner! She then says AGAIN, "well I don't know what line you called in on!" I asked her if she is deaf or just being belligerent and failed the CS course? She then chastises me for my lack of understanding of the process and what buying into a season means etc....now I am at 32 minutes on the original line so I again ask her how is it I am on hold on this other line for 32 minutes? AGAIN, she says...."I don't know what line you called".....I then hung up and placed a call to MVC Customer Advocacy Department and talked to someone with professional CS skills.

I told him the whole story just as written...when I told him I got to speak with Katen, he said, "OH....yeah I know her. She isn't the most empathetic supervisor for sure." Wonderful....first I get sent into cyberspace by the great MVC phone system and then I get Katen the wonder witch. My other phone is now at 34 minutes.....so I video the phone with the number and time showing the 34 minutes on hold and the time at 9:34 and kill the original call which was NEVER answered.

SOOOOOOO, when the timeshare sales people tell you how wonderful their system is and how easy it is to reserve you weeks.....IT"S A LIE! "We have hundreds of agents available on release days; so you never have to hold", LIE! "By buying a second week you get to reserve your weeks 13 months in advance so you get easy access to inventory as a multiple week owner!" LIE! "If you were to have any problems our Owner Services Reps are highly trained to assist you to resolve any problems you might have." LIE

So....BUYER BEWARE....MVC doesn't provide the service and easy usage of weeks as they sell.

Sanford
Aug 03, 2018

I own Harbor club in Hilton Head the value season early spring or late fall I have tried beginning November 2017 to now to reserve Thanksgiving week in 2018 "NO AVALIBILITY." I checked the early spring and fall dates in 2019 for anytime ."NO AVALIBILITY." But they are sure to send you the annual ,maintenance bills of over 1,700

Mary B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.