General Discussion

Is Mexico Timeshare Solution a legit company?

Feb 24, 2020

nilzahb wrote:
Ok that’s what I am doings. I am closing the account. Won’t it go to collection?

Just to be very clear here, you are not actually "closing the account". More accurately stated, you are "breaching the contract" (the RTU contract that you previously signed of your own free will and choice).

When it comes to "collection" for breached Mexican RTU contracts, if you are here in the U.S. and if the company has no U.S. presence, there is basically nothing they can do besides make some collection attempts by phone (and most of them won't even bother to undertake the minimal effort required to do even that much). They will of course terminate your right to use the property --- but so what?

Those weasels know that there are plenty of other "lucky winners" coming right around the corner soon. They will simply keep all of the money that you have paid them so far and then just bid you farewell. Say good riddance to those lying, deceitful parasites.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 26, 2020 04:59 AM

Feb 25, 2020

Yes, correct I closed called my CC yesterday and they have placed a hold on any El Cid payments. Yes, we’re in the USA. Additionally, my CC company has filed a dispute to get some of the money back but honestly we don’t care at all at this point. Were ok losing the money we have put into this fake TS. We just refuse to pay another dime to these losers. I was just concerned when I had read from other people that El Cid will sent them to collection for the remaining balance to this company out in California. Not sure if that’s true. Ugh what a freaking mess this is. Thank you for commenting back.

Nilza H B.
Feb 26, 2020

nilzahb wrote:
Yes, correct I closed called my CC yesterday and they have placed a hold on any El Cid payments. Yes, we’re in the USA. Additionally, my CC company has filed a dispute to get some of the money back but honestly we don’t care at all at this point. Were ok losing the money we have put into this fake TS. We just refuse to pay another dime to these losers. I was just concerned when I had read from other people that El Cid will sent them to collection for the remaining balance to this company out in California. Not sure if that’s true. Ugh what a freaking mess this is. Thank you for commenting back.

There is zero chance that your credit card company (or you) will ever get one single penny "back" from those parasites, but at least you have now stopped sending good money after bad. IF the "El Cid" parent company actually has a established corporate presence here in the U.S., you may very well get some future collection calls. However, they have no real leverage and you certainly know how to hang up the phone if or when you receive any such calls. Third party collection agencies get a percentage of whatever they can harass people into paying, so they will make an initial effort to try to make a buck. However, if the amount they can collect from you is precisely zero (and you very clearly tell them so), the calls will cease at some point.

We all make mistakes in life. Walk away from this one, absorb the lesson --- and don't look back.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 27, 2020 10:44 AM

Feb 26, 2020

Right. Thank you. I’ll see in a few days if I get a call from El Cid because that’s when the page mentions is scheduled to come out of our account!

Nilza H B.
Dec 22, 2020

What about your credit how do you fix that

Anthony K.
Jan 22, 2021

I dont think so.

Jennie Miller
Feb 22, 2021

I personally used Mexican Timeshare Solutions and they got me out of my timeshare using real lawyers and the Mexican court system. My timeshare was also at Royal Sunset in Cancun. The team kept me informed every step of the way, and I did not pay a dime until I was completely out of my timeshare. I even called my timeshare to receive confirmation from them that I was completely out, just to be sure. The cost was reasonable at least 25% the cost of the other timeshare exit scam organizations. Please be careful of some of the people offering advice on this site as your best interest may not be theirs when it comes to getting out of your money traps.

Drew T.
Feb 22, 2021

Many of these Mexican timeshare companies are located in the U.S. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa so just because they were purchased overseas they will be able to use the U.S. court system against you so please be careful. I used MTS without issue or damage to my credit. Unless they are under new management, with no up front fee's its a win win for you.

Drew T.
Feb 22, 2021

Drew T is spreading false information . Probably is some how affiliated with the timeshare. Anyone that has a contract with a Mexican timeshare only has right to use . They own nothing. Just walk away and tell them to pound salt . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

These timeshares use " shills " to post favorable story when they actually work for the company .

Don P.
Feb 23, 2021

Hats off to Don P. He has been posting on this site for years, and gives a great perspective. MTS has been sited many times on the internet - mostly as an upfront scam. Maybe they have changed their ways. But I bet not. They have always charged an upfront fee. When "insidethegate.com" was on the internet, they did a number of stories regarding MTS (also known as Gonzalez & Gonzalez) and the fact that they bilked many customers out of large amounts of money. I would encourage anyone looking for advice to search the term MTS and see what pops up. Due diligence is needed.

John I.
Feb 24, 2021

drewt21 wrote:
The cost was reasonable at least 25% the cost of the other timeshare exit scam organizations.

That's still more than what it would cost to get rid of a membership by just stopping paying maintenance fees.

Lance C.
Mar 24, 2021

Nenita, did you get out of the contract? I need help to get out from a contact.

Luis G.
Mar 24, 2021

KC do you think they take me to court for stop making the payments? Thank you!

Luis G.
Apr 27, 2021

I am in collections from El Cid through Monterrey collection company. So as you say this won’t happen is NOT true. It will happen as they have done it to me. They may not get any money from me but my credit has been ruined

Penny A.
Apr 28, 2021

Hola a todos yo actualmente cometí el error de caer en las garras de estos estafadores de sunset Cancún y estoy a punto de contratar el servicio de MTS se supone que no pagas nada hasta que te demuestren que ya cancelaron el contrato que es mejor arriesgarme con ellos o ya no pagar nada y esperar lo peor, la verdad no me importa si se afecta mi historial de crédito lo que me preocupa es que si pueden llegar a embargar, alguien a llegado a esos extremos? Vivo en mexico

Bunburista M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 28, 2021 06:52 PM

Apr 28, 2021

pennya55 wrote:
I am in collections from El Cid through Monterrey collection company. So as you say this won’t happen is NOT true. It will happen as they have done it to me. They may not get any money from me but my credit has been ruined

Your credit might not necessarily be ruined. Your record and reputation of perfect payment might be but not necessarily your credit. Even if your credit is negatively impacted, it's not the end of the world. A lot of people who have defaulted on Mexican timeshare payments have explained to potential creditors this and there is little effect on the person's ability to acquire a loan or credit.

Lance C.
Apr 19, 2022

Mexican Timeshare Solutions is a company that scams existing vacation club members by telling them they can cancel their contract. However, if you read through your membership contract, you will see that you can only cancel during the few days after you signed the contract

Jose S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 21, 2022 11:18 AM

Apr 19, 2022

joses206 wrote:
Mexican Timeshare Solutions is a company that scams existing vacation club members by telling them they can cancel their contract. However, if you read through your membership contract, you will see that you can only cancel during the few days after you signed the contract.

More specifically, Mexico allows exactly 5 days to rescind (cancel) a contract. This is a legal right provided by law (...or what passes for "law" in Mexico). The right to cancel the contract is not a voluntary kindness extended by the seller.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 21, 2022 07:34 AM

Jul 10, 2022

You can easily cancel a Mexico timeshare as Mexico does not sell timeshares but vacation clubs. First, they should not have your social security number. Regardless. they cannot affect your credit rating. There is nothing they can do if you cancel.

W. R.
Oct 19, 2022

pudiste cancelar tu contrato estoy en la misma situacion

Martha R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.