Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

hi guy,I have a question,please help me!

May 24, 2018

I've never rented a timeshare, but heard lots of good things about it. What are the steps?

Harry M.
May 24, 2018

harrym131 wrote:
I've never rented a timeshare, but heard lots of good things about it. What are the steps?

1. Decide exactly where and exactly when you can / want to travel and decide in advance how many bedrooms you will require.

2. Look for ads offering timeshares for rent at your desired location and dates. RedWeek is a great site to find rental ads. Other sites to find timeshare weeks for rent include MyResortNetwork.com, Timeshare Users Group and Craigslist. RedWeek is best in my opinion and personal experience.

3. I strongly recommend executing a formal rental agreement which clearly identifies the owner, the property, the unit, payment and cancellation terms, maximum allowed unit occupancy, check-in / check-out dates and times, etc.

4. Get a formal confirmation of the reservation from the owner and also contact the resort directly to verify to your own satisfaction that the person you are dealing with is really the owner --- not just a scammer, or someone trying to rent out a week that they don't even own but have obtained by "exchange" from one of the exchange companies. Both RCI and II very clearly and specifically prohibit any week obtained by their members via "exchange" being rented out (by someone who doesn't actually "own" that particular week in the first place).

You can usually also rent a timeshare week directly from a resort, but at much higher cost (often twice as much as an owner would charge in a private rental for the same week in an identical unit).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2018 08:29 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.