General Discussion

Renting questions

Jul 11, 2018

I wanted to know what can be done for people who want to rent a unit but its less than 60 days for protection. If a person asks you to pay either by check or paypal, how can you really protect yourself. Also, is there a system here where you can rate the owners, kind of like eBay where the person who rents or buys can leave feedback. I am feeling very cautious about renting and want to feel secure. Thanks for any advice!

Swins W.
Jul 12, 2018

If you use Pay pal, it has a dispute/rating system built into it. Where you can air your grievances and dispute things were not to your understanding. As for a check the only thing you could do would be to cancel it. Which wouldn't do much good several weeks after returning. It's been our experience in renting an owners week, that speaking directly and corresponding in email that I had gotten a feel for and got to know(somewhat) the owner. Nothing is guaranteed in money matters and some times you have to go with you feelings. IMO dealing thru sites like red week, tug, etc. that we have found good and honest people who have what they say and do what they say. Do your home work, talk to the owner, if it sounds fishy.... move on. As to a rating system for owners, I know of none. GOOD LUCK

William P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.