Point Systems

i have a question, help me

Jul 25, 2018

New at this! Help would be nice!

I have inhertited a TS week (Week 5). My husband and I are interested in trying to exchange it for another week somewhere in Va, NC, SC. Where do I start? Should i go with a company like RCI, or is this website just as dependable!?!

Smilemai S.
Jul 25, 2018

This web site can not help you with exchanges. It deals only with sales and rentals. RCI is probably the biggest exchange company out there but many people complain about its constantly escalating membership and exchange fees. Interval International (II) is the other big player.

Other smaller (and usually free membership) ones are Dial-an-Exchange (DAE), Trading Places International (TPI), San Francisco Exchange (SFX), and Hawaii Timeshare Exchange. Some have a policy of deposit first then search. Others allow you to search for what you want first, then deposit.

You can also check out Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) that has a free member-to-member direct exchange forum. The downside of that is that it is very difficult to find another member who has exactly what you are looking for all the while you have what that member is looking for.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.