Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

We want out of our timeshare

Sep 04, 2018

My husband and I was on a family vacation this April, in was scam into getting a timeshare like most of you guys. We really need help getting out of this timeshare. I have called the resort to cancel on numerous times in there is no help. I dont want to give up on ended this timeshare but a timeshare is pointless. We just need help... We call an attorney and they want at less 8,000.00 in order for us to be timeshared free. Any other great option out there???? Im willing to do it myself but dont no where to start.

Ms.C H.

Last edited by msch on Sep 04, 2018 07:22 PM

Sep 05, 2018

msch wrote:
We really need help getting out of this timeshare. I have called the resort to cancel on numerous times in there is no help..... We just need help... We call an attorney and they want at less 8,000.00 in order for us to be timeshare free. Any other great option out there???? I'm willing to do it myself but don't no where to start.

Unfortunately, there are no magic beans or secret processes and no one-way "cancelling" of a contract that you voluntarily signed of your own free will just a few months ago.

DO NOT pay any upfront money to any third party that will merely take your money after trying to make you believe that they know some secret, magical escape route. They don't. When the song and dance routine is done, the indisputable fact remains that you voluntarily signed a legally binding contract.

I am not offering you legal advice or any input intended to substitute for legal advice in any way, but remember that you always have the option to simply pay nothing further. Yes, you will be in breach of contract. Yes, if you took out a loan, there will be a negative credit report if / when you default on that loan --- and that negative credit report information will remain a matter of record for 7 years. However, if there was no loan involved, it will be a simple foreclosure (after about 2 years), but likely with no such negative credit report consequences. I am merely noting that you can always choose and decide to just say good bye to the money you've paid so far and stop any further financial bleeding --- right now.

There isn't much good news to offer you here, except to remind you that you can always make the personal choice and decision to pay not one more penny, while understanding and accepting the inevitable consequences. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 05, 2018 02:18 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.