Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

What's the best way to sell a tineshare that is paid in full?

Sep 05, 2018

I have a Westgate Time share in Vegas that is a floating week in prime time every other year. I have been scammed in prior years when I was in financial trouble. I am not going to take a chance of being scammed again. I would rather pay my maintenance fees ever other year and deposit my week to use it through Interval International. Please help with how to legitimately list and sell my timeshare.

Grace R.
Sep 06, 2018

gracer49 wrote:
I have a Westgate Time share in Vegas that is a floating week in prime time every other year. I have been scammed in prior years when I was in financial trouble. I am not going to take a chance of being scammed again. I would rather pay my maintenance fees ever other year and deposit my week to use it through Interval International. Please help with how to legitimately list and sell my timeshare.

Please don't shoot the messenger, but Westgate timeshares actually have very little (if any) resale value, largely due to the onerous reservation constraints which Westgate (willfully and deliberately) imposes upon all "resale" buyers.

If you don't wish to keep the ownership and continue to use it to trade with II, you might consider contacting Westgate to inquire about a "deedback". I believe that under their (relatively new) "deedback" program, they charge about $950, but it's a clean, lawful, efficient (and permanent) exit from their clutches --- without getting involved with any upfront fee scammers who are merely looking to take your money (as you have apparently already experienced). Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 06, 2018 04:48 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.