Sep 17, 2018

I need to sell my timeshare before my wife beats me. Well, not really. We would like to buy a camper instead. We can at least go more places, and not have to worry about booking 10 months in advance only to fine many places already booked. Gets old.

That being said, I didn't really pay anything for my points, just have the fees.

Without going through a bunch of scams, gags, and payments, what is my next plan? Like really works.

I don't need the cash, just want to let go so I can use the fees on a new camper, etc.

Thanks! Brian

Brian S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 17, 2018

Unfortunately your points have no value on the resale market . Your goal should be to transfer them to someone else to pay the maintenance fees . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . Good luck .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Sep 17, 2018 01:38 PM

Sep 17, 2018

No value? I can understand. But how are people selling? Even on here, people are selling. Or I guess they are not, thus a list.

Bluegreen told me I can’t transfer that they will reject it. True?

Brian S.
Sep 17, 2018

brians1151 wrote:
Bluegreen told me I can’t transfer that they will reject it. True?

That depends. Is the loan paid off and are all the maintenance fees up to date? If not, then no one will want to take what you have, even if it's free.

Lance C.
Sep 17, 2018

I owe nothing. MF not due till Feb.

So all those listed will never sell?

Brian S.

Last edited by brians1151 on Sep 17, 2018 06:58 PM

Sep 18, 2018

As you already know, even "free" timeshares have maintenance fees that constitute a legal, contractual obligation until you find someone else willing to take over your obligations. Most "points only" contracts have no resale value.

Unlike fixed weeks / units at specific resorts, "points only" contracts provide absolutely no guarantee of reservation access where / when you might actually want to travel. That uncertainty and the need to plan long in advance, with absolutely no guarantee of ultimately achieving reservation success at places and times that may interest you, essentially renders most "points only" products nearly worthless to many people (including me). To each their own, of course. Some people like the "flexibility" of "points only" contracts --- right up until the time when they can't manage to get where and / or when they want to go.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 18, 2018 08:09 AM

Sep 18, 2018

Yep, after 14 years of trying that. I give up.

That being said, if NO ONE accepts my free BG points, what do you do?

Brian S.
Sep 18, 2018

brians1151 wrote:
Yep, after 14 years of trying that. I give up.

That being said, if NO ONE accepts my free BG points, what do you do?

I honestly don't know enough about BlueGreen or its' practices to offer you any informed feedback. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the BlueGreen "system" can / will provide you with some better informed insights or advice.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 18, 2018 03:45 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.