Sep 21, 2018

I keep reading not to give any upfront money when trying to sell your timeshare. Red Week is recommended as a good site to sell on. However, the basic package is $59.95 and the upgrade is $125 + $399 or 3% of the sales price. These sound like upfront fees to me. What's that all about?

Claudia R.
Sep 21, 2018

claudiar56 wrote:
I keep reading not to give any upfront money when trying to sell your timeshare. Red Week is recommended as a good site to sell on. However, the basic package is $59.95 and the upgrade is $125 + $399 or 3% of the sales price. These sound like upfront fees to me. What's that all about?

That's an advertising fee and a very modest one. RedWeek lets you know that it is an advertising fee. These upfront fee companies charge in the hundreds and thousands. Plus they lie is saying that they are a sales company.

Lance C.
Sep 22, 2018

claudiar56 - Many timeshare companies will charge $1000+ upfront in order to advertise your timeshare. When a company receives the money upfront, they have no incentive to sell your timeshare and typically the owner never hears from the company again.

With RedWeek you are paying a nominal fee of $59.99 (plus a RedWeek membership) for the do-it-yourself option to post the timeshare on our website for 12 months. The $125 fee for the full-service option barely covers our staff's time to confirm all the details of your ownership with your resort, create your resale posting, handle all the inquiries, and manage the entire closing process. You only pay the additional $399 or 3% of the sales price, whichever is greater, if your timeshare sells with the full-service option.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 22, 2018 10:01 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.