Dec 28, 2018

I'd like to hear from you if you are a UDI owner at Shenandoah Crossing and frustrated with the way we are being treated.

Lucia M.
Oct 17, 2019

I've been a UDI member at Shenandoah Crossing for about 18 years. I live a little over an hour away and until 5 years ago did not use it for exchanges just frequent visits with family (to include a family reunion). Aside from the increases in maintenance and reserve fees, I'm OK with my treatment. I now pay about $2500 per year and book about 10 to 12 weeks and trade with RCI and Interval International.

In the past few years I found that many of the bluegreen reps were not trained in booking UDIs and it required me to call the next day when I was unable to get a reservation my first try. A different rep would sometimes be more knowledgeable and succeed. I had a couple bookings in a row this year where they booked me and later declined it. In one case the rep said I was "good to go" with my reservation but later the Quality assurance (QA) department (I think thats what they called it) said what I booked was not allowed. In this case I already booked 3 reservations and was booking the the 45 day 4th reservation. The original rep told me she could switch an upcoming reservation to be the 45 day reservation and make my new reservation a blue or red one further out into the future. QA said this was not allowed and cancelled it. Had a similar issue a month later , where they cancelled but I new the rules and had followed them correctly and I won the argument with the next level supervisor.

I've had a few other disputes in past years including getting the UDI rate at the lodge. I had to get assistance from one of the elected HOA reps. Other than that things have not changed too much. I'm sure they would like us to convert to points but I refuse to go to an owner update. 12 years ago they promised me a gift basket and never provided it, so every time they ask me to attend an update I tell them I'll only consider attending after I get my overdue gift basket first

Barry C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.