Point Systems

hi all, help me, please

Feb 20, 2019

When I bought fairfield I was told I could go where I want when I want and for as long as I want. What went wrong that I have to book vacations 12 or more months in advance. I would not have bought if I had known this.

Alita G.
Feb 21, 2019

alitag wrote:
When I bought fairfield I was told I could go where I want when I want and for as long as I want. What went wrong that I have to book vacations 12 or more months in advance. I would not have bought if I had known this.

Fairfield has actually been "out of the timeshare picture" for quite a while now, having long ago been absorbed by Wyndham.

That fact aside, the short answer is that you were flat out lied to. There is NO timeshare point system ANYWHERE on planet Earth that allows people to just "go where I want when I want and for as long as I want". Either you completely misunderstood the statement made to you, or that may very well be the biggest and most boldfaced lie ever told by a timeshare sales weasel.

Regardless of the system involved, there must obviously first be space available at the specific resort where you seek to make a reservation --- and the "for as long as you want" part is just complete nonsense. Just like money, points only go so far. Once "spent", they are gone --- and you are then all done until you get more to spend. It's just that simple.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 21, 2019 09:08 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.