Mar 06, 2019

My wife and I are looking to sell our Sheraton Flex ownership. WE have come into financial difficulty and cannot pay the monthly mortgage. Does anyone have any advice to offer on how we can sell or has sold in the past?

thanks

Chris C.
Mar 06, 2019

Contact Sheridan and see if you can negotiate an exit . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare !!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 06, 2019 10:28 AM

Mar 06, 2019

I did. They offered $6900 but I would have to come up with the rest at closing...

I think I'm screwed. I may have to just stop paying and let them foreclose.

Chris C.
Apr 14, 2019

Hi there. We are in the same boat. We just can’t pay the monthly amount and the ever increasing MF. Our circumstances have greatly changed due to my husbands sudden illness - in the process of being attributed to Gulf War Syndrome. Could you share if there were any updates? I’m seriously considering just letting it go to foreclosure - although can you foreclose on points?? Thanks for sharing!

chrisc1196 wrote:
I did. They offered $6900 but I would have to come up with the rest at closing...

I think I'm screwed. I may have to just stop paying and let them foreclose.

Jennifer L.
Apr 15, 2019

There is a website sponsored by ARDA that purports to help people who have had life-changing circumstances, or who just can't vacation anymore. It is called www.responsibleexit.com. I don't know if you will get any help, but ARDA is touting how they want to help all timeshare owners. Might be a start.

John I.
Apr 15, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Anyone with a legitimate hardship should be able to contact their home resort directly and negotiate their own exit without paying some SCAM company thousands of dollars in upfront fees . I will guarantee that anyone who pays any company thousands of dollars of their hard earned money upfront will not sleep well worrying that they just gave their money to SCAMMERS .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 15, 2019 09:21 AM

Apr 15, 2019

jenniferl1078 wrote:
...although can you foreclose on points?

If it is deeded property, you can. If it is just a club membership (usually located in Mexico and the Caribbean), then you can just stop paying.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.