Mar 13, 2019

The listings are broken down into (Oceanfront, Oceanview, and Courtyard) unit views. But in the description it states "Marriott's Grande Ocean does not guarantee ocean view units. Views are categorized as Courtyard or Close To Beach." So what is the difference between "Oceanfront" and "Oceanview"? Wouldn't they both fall under the "Close to the Beach" classification? Or does "Close to the Beach" refer to the front four buildings regardless of the view? If so, how can be sure you get a "Close to the Beach" unit?

Jeff F.
Mar 14, 2019

Hello, My name is Lorna and I'm The Full Service Manager for RedWeek.com. Marriott's Grande Ocean has buildings and view categories. The two building categories are: Oceanfront and Oceanside. The two view categories are : Courtyard and Close to Beach. Their views are categorized by "proximities" to the ocean not the actual view. Close to Beach refers to units closer to the ocean. Redweek Verified postings will disclose the building category (if known) as well as the view category. Hope this helps. Lorna

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Mar 18, 2019

I have been an owner at Grand Ocean for 24 years. The designation for the units has changed from Oceanfront and Oceanview (when built) to Close to beach and courtyard because over the years the trees have blocked views to the ocean for many of the units. The zoning regulations prevent cutting more than a limited amount so as to keep the natural look of the island. It has become much more difficult over the years to get a unit with a view of the ocean. Despite the issues with ocean views it is an amazing resort! My family has visited for 2 weeks for 22 of the last 24 years.

Twyla M.
Oct 22, 2019

Thanks for this clarification.

I have a reservation there now which I am renting out. I booked it for "Oceanside" but since I used the Redweek Verification service, they listed it as "Courtyard". I called MVC and learned that at one specific resort Oceanside and Courtyard are the same thing.

This would appear to give a disadvantage to using the verification service. Redweek doesn't want to oversell a listing they verify so they list it as Courtyard. But if I had not done verification I would have listed the rental as Oceanside (which matches my reservation confirmation). If a potential renter didn't understand they were the same, they would be more likely to prefer a listing that shows Oceanside.

Earl Ray H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.