Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Hilton Grand Vacations Default and Resale Purchase

Aug 05, 2019

We attended a HGVC presentation earlier this year and purchased 3500 points every other year for $11,000. After doing some research online we learned that we had made a huge mistake.

Fast forward a few months and we are now closing on a better deal for twice the amount of points with a better season and at a nicer resort. For $400 instead of $11000 it was a no brainer. Hilton waived their right of first refusal and the only thing we are waiting for now is for our account to be set up.

The problem right now is that our original contract has a past due balance and a maintenance fee that hasn’t been paid. I have had this burning question and I probably should have looked into this before purchasing resale but since we aren’t able to use the points in our original contract due to the past due balance, would HGVC also place the same restrictions on our resale contract once it closes? I am sure they can put two and two together and figure out that we are the same people that defaulted on our original contract. The last thing I want is to have two contracts with points that I am unable to use and be forced to pay the maintenance fee and past due balance on my original contract anyway. Am I worrying over nothing?

Gian

Last edited by giancarlop2 on Aug 05, 2019 09:26 PM

Aug 28, 2019

Hi Gian,

I am unable to answer your HGVC question. I think if you visit the HGVC Forum at the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) you will get some help:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/hilton-grand-vacations-club-hgvc.52/

Carol P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.