Point Systems

WHATS THE BEST TIMESHARE COMPANY?

Aug 13, 2019

Whats the best timeshare company?

Looking to purchase a timeshare. Have stayed with Wyndham for years and loved the resorts just not the sales staff, but have heard good things about the Hilton timeshare brand. Never stayed at a hilton. Any suggestions or helpful tips?

Wu J.
Aug 14, 2019

Best suggestion anyone can give you is DON"T BUY A TIMESHARE especially one with points .

Don P.
Aug 28, 2019

Hilton Grand Vacations will charge you a $639 "club activation fee" plus an annual fee of about $129 to use your HGVC timeshare. Then if you want to exchange the week/points for another timeshare outside the system, you'll need to join RCI and pay another annual fee. Then when you make an exchange, there is an exchange fee...

Catch my drift?

Todd F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 28, 2019 04:36 PM

Aug 28, 2019

I gave been a timeshare owner for over forty years and I've seen the industry go downhill ever since corporate greed kicked in . The maintenance fees and assessments are now used for profit . The exchange fees have become outrageous even if you're lucky enough to find a location you like . The best properties are being rented out on the open market denying owners availability of booking them .

My advice is if you want to buy consider a deeded week at a resort that you intend to use every year . I still own one on the Las Vegas strip that I love . I usually go there every year and if I'm not using it I have always been able to rent it out . I also let family and friends use it if I don't go myself .

Don P.
Jan 11, 2020

wuj wrote:
Whats the best timeshare company?

Looking to purchase a timeshare. Have stayed with Wyndham for years and loved the resorts just not the sales staff, but have heard good things about the Hilton timeshare brand. Never stayed at a hilton. Any suggestions or helpful tips?

I too enjoy my fixed week resorts. I’m assured every year I will have the same unit and same week. It’s easy to keep track of. No having to reserve units on the phone at 3 am. One of my weeks is an event week - every year I’ll have the week that includes that event. And most resorts let you rent out your deeded fixed week.

I also have A couple RCI Points accounts. Your week is assigned a point value, depending on the resort, unit size, season, resort amenities, location. If you want to reserve your home week, you need to reserve it 13-12 months before the date of occupancy (along with maintenance fees paid prior to 13-12 months). Otherwise if you have enough points you can reserve your home resort at a different time, or your home group, or then at 10 months you can reserve anything available in RCI (if you have the points). I think it is a good system if you like the resorts offered in RCI Points.

Carol P.
Jan 27, 2021

Hilton Grand Vacations is good but expensive.

Jennie Miller

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.