Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Our TS Middle Finger Story

Aug 25, 2019

So after hours of internet research, talking to the "scam" companies (almost using two), and reading volumes of State TS and Real Estate and consumer regs, here's where we are with our TS middle finger saga:

Decided to stop paying MF and TS loan back in Feb 2019. Got tired of never being able to use it our RCI, endless fees, TS company bait and switching us at sale, etc. Attempted to use it with hotel points transfer also. But that was a waste. So, here we are:

TS purchased for - $20,000; Value based on research - <$2,000 TS Loan amount owed - $16,000 MF per year - $1,200 and climbing. Amt owed with fees now - $1,809 Wrote letter after TS Company sent foreclosure letter asking for Deedback in Lieu with no summary judgement based on fraudulent and unethical behavior Received letter from TS company They say "we...are confident we have complied with the applicable laws of the states of...blah, blah, blah. However, we are willing to accept a Warranty Deed and transfer of title (back to them) for... Past due MF - $1,809 and a portion of the balance of loan = $7,401 (???) So, what do I do? See below.

1. Tell them to foreclose on it. Credit is 840 and TS Loan has never been listed on either credit report. 2. Write back and reiterate I am paying nothing and reiterate their unethical practices and threaten to send requests to BBB, and Attorneys General. Which probably means they will foreclose. 3. Write them back and try to negotiate lower pay off. ie. MF and just enough to pay closing costs = $3,300 4. Accept their proposal and make "payment arrangements" for the $9,200, which to me means $500/mo to get this albatross gone. 5. Recommendations...

Thanks for the help!

Corey B.
Aug 25, 2019

Option 1 seems like your cheapest (in other words, the lowest financial hit of them all) but it might have some undesirable repercussions afterwards such as a hit on your credit rating and hounding collection calls.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.