General Discussion

Realty Growth Investors

Oct 10, 2019

Hello -

I am trying to find out more information about a company that has contacted me about purchasing my Vidanta timeshare. I have been through this many times, and I know the pitfalls. The company is Realty Growth Investors out of Salt Lake City. Their website is very new, and they don't even pop up in a Google search. I am very suspicious, to say the least. Here is the person contacting me -

Christopher D Sullivan 801-503-9796

The company claims to operate under Realty Growth Investors or the Entity Number 4921896-0152 Mr. Sullivan ststed his Real Estate Licence is Christopher D. Sullivan or the License# 0014574s .

I found very little info, and I am seeking help in finding out anything more. If you have experience with this company, or can do a more effective search, I would appreciate the help.

Thank you

John M.
Oct 10, 2019

It's a SCAM !!!!

Don P.
Oct 11, 2019

I am already on to them, but I was hoping for a little more. Any additional insights you or anyone else can provide?

John M.
Oct 11, 2019

Anytime someone contacts you out of the blue it's a scam .

Don P.
Oct 17, 2019

I was contacted also by Joseph Walters with the same company. Did you find out more? I was contacted last fall by a company out of Colorado , before I got the paper work to them they used someone else weeks did not need anymore.

Patrice S.
Dec 03, 2019

Hi, have you found out anything? I also was just contacted and I am in the process of vetting their company. I have found nothing. Although registered with Utah, there are no individuals registered to this company. I found a lawsuit file over 20 years ago and that is it. I'll pass on their offer but I was curious about them.

DiAnna W.
Dec 03, 2019

If someone contacts you out of the blue it's a SCAM !!

Don P.
Jun 24, 2020

I have been contacted by them as well, seems to good to be true?

Ken Y.
Jun 24, 2020

keny51 wrote:
I have been contacted by them as well, seems to good to be true?

Those are the two biggest features of a scam. What are they promising to do for you and for how much?

Lance C.
Jun 25, 2020

They are offering $27,500 for my Vidanta time share, I paid $2,500. I just got a call from the "Escrow officer" asking if I had any questions. There are three names on the contract they sent me, I tried looking up all three of them online, Linkin etc, no luck. The company has a nice website but that does not mean anything.

Ken Y.
Jun 25, 2020

It's a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Jun 25, 2020

keny51 wrote:
They are offering $27,500 for my Vidanta time share, I paid $2,500.......The company has a nice website but that does not mean anything.

Lots of these resale scam companies have nice websites.

Why would anyone call you offering to pay over $27,000 for something one could get for free or, at best as in your case, $2500?

If you don't know how the scam works, here it is. This company has already "proved" to you that it has buyers ready to pay you 10 times what you paid for it. Then the person will say that, in order to complete the sale, you the seller have to pay some sort of fee or tax that the Mexican government requires you pay. The fee might sound legitimate but it is absolutely bogus.

Lance C.
Jun 26, 2020

I figured they are going to ask me to pay something but they have not yet asked. I read the contract they sent over and there is some language about, seller being reimbursed out of the sale for any fees but no $ amount listed.

Pretty elaborate scam, I was just curious if others had been contacted by them as well?

Ken Y.
Jun 26, 2020

keny51 wrote:
Pretty elaborate scam, I was just curious if others had been contacted by them as well?

Well if you read this thread from the beginning, you will see that others have been contacted by RGI. It's the same story--- a scam.

Lance C.
Sep 13, 2020

I was just contacted by a company in Boston. It sounds exactly the same sales pitch, but the company is called Franklin Property Partners, out of Boston. All sounded great until the ??Mexican Tax?? not to be payed out of the money in an Escrow account in Mexico. I want to believe this is legit, but the "tax " is higher than what I payed for the weeks. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Pam
Sep 13, 2020

It's a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Sep 14, 2020

Thanks, I thought so. When they phoned again this morning I assured them that I was willing to relinquish my property, but that we were out of work, so there was no money available for the Mexican tax. They hung up very fast, and I have not heard back!

Pam

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.