Ask RedWeek

Redweek Verified

Dec 02, 2019

Hi I would like to know why my timeshare rental posting is not Redweek Verified and how to I get it to be?

Thanks!

Lola

Lola F.
Dec 02, 2019

If you would like to get an existing rental posting verified, please visit My Postings at the top of any page. Find the posting you want verified, click on Edit and under the Enhancement section select to add verification. It currently runs $14.99 for each rental posting you would like verified.

If you need further assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 04, 2020

What does it mean when the listing is just verified but doesn't have the protected green tag on the listing?

Thanks

Kristen M.
Jan 04, 2020

With a Protected posting you are able to use RedWeek Online Booking, where the renter pays for the rental by credit card and RedWeek does not distribute the money to the owner until two days after the renter checks into the resort. If the posting is not Protected, it is either too close to the check-in date to use RedWeek booking (check-in must be at least 10 days out) or the owner has chosen to conduct a private transaction rather than using RedWeek Online Booking.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 10, 2020

If I book a last minute rental at the Bonnet Creek, there is not enough time for it to be protected/verified. How do I know I will not be scammed ? I have used red week in the past but never a last minute booking. I can't fly to Florida and arrive and find out I don't have a place to stay - just a bit nervous with a last minute booking.

Linda D.
Jan 10, 2020

Although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and provide us with the posting number, we can let you know how long that person has been a RedWeek member and if we have any complaints on their account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 22, 2020

BTW - this is completely useless. I am also in a situation (after many time of renting happily through redweek and getting great service from the owners) of potentially being scammed. Also at Bonnet Creek! Wonder if it's the same person? I've alerted redweek and asked the recommended questions above but it's really of little help. Even after notifying redweek of my concerns I see that the listing is still up today - so clearly nothing has been done and more potential renters are at risk.

Redweek - this isn't enough. I understand how the platform works but when someone flags a potential issue in good faith you should act. At the end of the day it's the redweek brand that people come to and remember, and it's the redweek brand that will take the hit when something goes wrong - regardless of how you have set up the platform and interactions.

phyl21 wrote:
Although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and provide us with the posting number, we can let you know how long that person has been a RedWeek member and if we have any complaints on their account.

Lisa D.
Jan 23, 2020

Hi, if we have a Rental through Redweek Verified, how is the Rental money sent to the owner? is there a check issued?

Rod C.
Jan 23, 2020

Hi I paid from the beginning for the Verification which was 14.99 and my account still says its not done. I sent on several occasions the information that was required and nothing has happened. I own my resort and my yearly dues are being taken on a monthly basis so I'm never out of payment. I llive in florida and my unit is in Massachusetts, at The Cove at Yarmouth. Please look into this.

Jeannette E.
Jan 23, 2020

Rod: If the renter books with RedWeek Online Booking, then the funds will be disbursed in the form of an electronic check which is emailed two business days after the rental check-in date.

Once the check has been disbursed, you will also be able to access the electronic check from My Postings at the top of any RedWeek page. The owner has the option of automatic electronic deposit, depositing a printed check via a smartphone, ATM or by presenting the check to their bank, or they can request that a paper check be mailed to them.

If you have any further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 23, 2020

Jeanette: It appears we are still waiting for a copy of your resort's confirmation showing that you have reserved the week you are posting. If you own a fixed week, then we would need a copy of your maintenance fee statement or sales contract showing that you own the same week each year. Please send this information to verify@redweek.com.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page or email support@redweek.com.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.