Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Are any of these units Deeded ?

Jan 12, 2020

Are any of these units deeded?

Kenneth S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 12, 2020 08:02 PM

Jan 14, 2020

All of the units at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort are Right To Use. They are not deeded.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by redweek_support on Jan 14, 2020 01:31 PM

Jan 14, 2020

My question was are they deeded yes or no

Kenneth S.
Jan 14, 2020

No, the units are not deeded.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 22, 2020

My units are deeded and I also have points

Roseanne L.
Jul 22, 2020

According to the information we received from the resort, they are now selling RTU weeks and points, but no units are deeded.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 22, 2020

I bought my units before they switched to points only. I have a deed for each of my units. After a few years I was told when they switched to points that if i went with points I would save money on Dues. Now I’m presidential Elite status in points but my units are still deeded. The only difference is that I cannot sell my units separately. I have to sell them as a whole package.

phyl21 wrote:
According to the information we received from the resort, they are now selling RTU weeks and points, but no units are deeded.

Roseanne L.
Jul 22, 2020

Please check your sales contract. You should see on the contract that there is an end date. It will state you have a Right to Use until a future date. Most of our current full-service resales have a Right to Use until 2040 to 2055. We have never had a unit that was deeded from this resort. You can call your resort or owner services for further clarification on the type of ownership you have.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 12, 2020

If you bought before they switched to points then the unit had a 40 year lease. I am guaranteed the same unit and the same week for 40 years. I can sell my lease and it's remaining years. This type of contract was considered "deeded".

Roz G.
Aug 12, 2020

I’m sorry they are not deeded they are fixed units meaning I stay in the same unit every year. I go 4 weeks in the spring and always stay in the same unit . I also go 4 weeks in the fall and stay in the same unit. When this topic came up I asked my salesman because he had initially said they were deeded but now he says they are not deeded but they are fixed units.

Roseanne L.
Aug 12, 2020

A timeshare that has an ending date (or lease) is considered Right to Use. Deeded timeshares will not have an ending date and have the same type of recorded deed as when you purchase a home.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 12, 2020

Yes that’s what I bought as well, The maintenance fees were very high because I had so many contracts. They said if I switched to points I would save a lot of money on fees so I did. I still have my same units each year for 40 years. Now instead of calling them deeded weeks they are calling them fixed weeks

Roseanne L.
Aug 12, 2020

That’s what I was told too

Roseanne L.
Sep 28, 2022

"Lease", aka "right of use"... That is not a deed. The resort company owns the resort structure/infrastructure. The land is owned by the government of Aruba; the resort company leases the land use from the government.

David A.
Sep 28, 2022

No

Patricia C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.