General Discussion

How to sell Points System 3,000 Marriott Ko Olina

Jan 25, 2020

I have 3,000 point in Marriott Ko Olina and I wanted to sell but not sure how. Please any advice will be appreciated.

Annie D.
Jan 26, 2020

Hi Annie,

I've sold well over 200,000 Marriott Destination Points. I've never charged an upfront fee to do so. Any broker you choose to sell your points does NOT need to be in Hawaii. Be warned, points are selling for significantly less than what you paid for them (if you bought from Marriott directly, which it sounds like you did).

If there is a loan, any outstanding loan balance would need to be paid in full at or before closing, or else the sale wouldn't close. Sometimes the net proceeds from a sale are insufficient to pay the loan balance. If that is a hardship preventing you from selling, you may want to consider renting your points.

Furthermore, the fact these were purchased at Ko'Olina does not mean they're more valuable than points purchased at a Marriott in Branson, MO.

One thing to be wary of, are companies who will try to "buy the listing" by telling you they have buyers at significantly higher prices than actual market prices. They "buy the listing" because they want to get upfront fees out of the seller.

Thomas K.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 26, 2020 12:53 PM

Jan 28, 2020

You mean sell as in rent your points or get rid of your points? If you are trying to permanantly sell your deed you probably have a legacy week that has been enrolled but will unenroll when you sell so you would actually be selling the deeded week. What size and view do you own or do you actually have trust points that list Marriott Ko Olina as the resort (but doesn't get any priority)?

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.