Ask RedWeek

timeshare sale and buying

Feb 23, 2020

i am interested in buy a timeshare in aruba how do you go about transferring it it is deeded

Timothy L.
Feb 23, 2020

If you are buying a full-service resale posting on RedWeek, then one of our timeshare brokers will handle the entire closing process. If it is a do-it-yourself posting, then the buyer and owner can determine what closing company to use. We are able to provide recommendations on a closing company for Aruba closings if you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any RedWeek web page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 22, 2020

sold my timeshare at westin kaanapali to a private party marriott exercised right of first refusalsold at a big loss but have to pay hawaii excise tax and list i as rental property my understanding is that you cant take losses on timeshares as they are personal property is this correct

Steven G.
Apr 23, 2020

steveng242 wrote:
my understanding is that you cant take losses on timeshares as they are personal property is this correct

Are you talking about this for tax purposes? If so, you can only take the loss on the sale if you were running a business of and the property were needed in your business.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.