Ask RedWeek

CFT Sales

Feb 28, 2020

Looking for info on CFT Sales out of Daytona Beach, FL. They claim they will help you sell your timeshare and only charge 600 if you sell it. Anybody know them?

Wayne B.
Feb 28, 2020

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract .

Don P.
Feb 28, 2020

wayneb268 wrote:
Looking for info on CFT Sales out of Daytona Beach, FL. They claim they will help you sell your timeshare and only charge 600 if you sell it. Anybody know them?

At what point of the transaction sale would CFT collect its $600? If it's upfront, then that is a scam. If it is out of the proceeds of the sale, then it might be legitimate. However, most legitimate companies that do this charge a minimum $1000.

How did you come to find out about this company? Was it a telemarketing call? Is this company telling you it can fetch you tens of thousands of dollars for the sale of your unit? If so, then this is a scam.

Lance C.
Feb 29, 2020

Their website is full of poor grammar and could have been written by a 5th grader. No specifics about what they do except this: "CFT SALES will advertise to millions of people for you..." Sounds like a listing site with little chance of success. If you want to know the value of your timeshare, go to Ebay and look at closed sales. If they don't want a fee upfront, what the heck - give it a try. But, I think that is wishful thinking.

John I.
Feb 29, 2020

johni116 wrote:
If they don't want a fee upfront, what the heck - give it a try. But, I think that is wishful thinking.

That sounds good on paper but what a lot of these scam artists do is emphasize "No upfront fee!" to bait the owners. Then, the scam people come back to the owner and say that they found a buyer and that everything is in place for the sale and transfer. Then, when the owner is licking his chops at the thought of the huge amount of money allegedly coming his way and not thinking rationally about any thing else, the scammers say that they just need a fee or tax for this or that and that it has to be paid by the owner/seller before the sale and transfer can be finalized.

Lance C.
Mar 05, 2020

It was a sales call. The $600 would be paid after the sale. Still not sure. I was looking to sell, so my name was out there.

Wayne B.

Last edited by wayneb268 on Mar 05, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 05, 2020

They will lead you on and then claim they have a buyer but first you have to send them a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the sale . The first mention of a " fee " is the signal that it's a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Mar 05, 2020

What bothers me most is no one knows anything about them. Only their Website on the Net. No reviews, good or bad.

Wayne B.
Mar 06, 2020

wayneb268 wrote:
What bothers me most is no one knows anything about them. Only their Website on the Net. No reviews, good or bad.

That's probably because they have recently resurfaced under a new name with the same, old scam. That's what these scam companies do when they get exposed or have the authorities on their tail.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.