Ask RedWeek

Cancelling timeshare rental

Apr 20, 2020

In view of the Covid-19 issues, how do I go about cancelling the week I have up for rental?

Max S.
Apr 20, 2020

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page to request to have your full-service rental posting canceled, or email support@redweek.com. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 04, 2020

i am a redweek member; if i book a week (protected and verified) and then i need to cancel it due to the covid crisis is the 60 day cancellation policy still applicable--in other words will i lose the money i paid as any cancellation would be within the 60 day window

Paul K.
May 04, 2020

Paul: The cancellation policy selected by the owner and included in the rental agreement will be applicable to any cancellation. You can always ask the owner, prior to renting, if they would be willing to modify the cancellation terms on the rental agreement. The owner would then ask RedWeek to customize your rental agreement to the terms you have both agreed upon.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 05, 2020

As Owner, if I agree to a cancellation due to COVID-19 situation, will Redweek waive the $99 rental service fee? Redweek says Owners cannot cancel a rental once accepted. So what is procedure to modify or cancel a rental agreement? Will Redweek handle that or must the Owner and Renter do it separately? What liability is there to Redweek for these modifications to the rental agreements?

Thomas B.
May 05, 2020

Thomas: The $99 fee is waived if you and the renter agree to a cancellation due to COVID 19. You are able to communicate with your renter directly through My Postings at the top of any page. If the renter and owner come to an agreement on the cancellation or any other modifications to the rental agreement, then you would need to let us know by emailing support@redweek.com. We have access to the owner/renter communication that is conducted through the My Postings link that will provide the necessary documentation of both parties agreement to the requested changes.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 08, 2020

What is the policy about cancelling due to Covid 19? How many days in advance can you cancel your reservation (due to illness), and still get a full refund?

Ruth M.
Sep 09, 2020

Ruth: That depends on the rental agreement you sign. The owner can choose from three different policies when using RedWeek Online Booking:

Flexible: 100% refund up to 60 days before check-in Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in Strict: No refunds

Always communicate with the owner upfront so you know the terms and conditions of cancelling due to COVID. You can also ask the owner, prior to renting, if they would be willing to modify the cancellation terms on the rental agreement in case of a resort closure or mandatory quarantine. The owner would then ask RedWeek add the notes you both agreed upon to the terms of your rental agreement.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.