General Discussion

TRYING TO GET RID OF PAID TIMESHARE

May 17, 2020

We bought a timeshare in Grand Solmar Cabo San Lucas back in 2018, and our loan is fully paid. Just like many other buyers, we figured out that we committed a terrible mistake. Has anybody been successful at canceling their contract with them? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Carmen I.
May 18, 2020

In Mexico, what one usually has is a right-to-use (RTU) or just a club membership. If you want to end such a contract, you can probably just stop paying. If you do so, you will probably face a bunch of collection calls and letters and possibly a hit to your credit score or rating. Nonetheless, they will terminate your membership which is what you want.

Just do not fall for any of these companies or law firms that claim they can "cancel" your TS or membership because they will just take your money and then tell you to do what I just told you.

Lance C.
May 18, 2020

Thanks for your reply. This is probably what we will end up doing. Our loan is 100% paid and currently, we only pay for the maintenance fees. We were also thinking of reselling it but our contract says... "the rights of membership cannot be re-sold within five years of the purchase date and that the vacation membership must be paid in full before it can be sold."

Carmen I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.