General Discussion

Letter from Bluegreen about termination

May 21, 2020

I owe 10k on my bluegreen timeshare. I haven't paid anything in 6 months. I received a letter today from cibola Vista resort and spa. (Bluegreen) with the heading Notice of termination of owners beneficiary rights..the letter in a nutshell says my above time (which details were listed) have been terminated. My termination for non payment will be reported to credit agency...etc. Does this mean I'm out? Other than reporting to collections what else can they do? Has anyone had experience with this?

Kate A.
May 23, 2020

katea73 wrote:
I owe 10k on my bluegreen timeshare. I haven't paid anything in 6 months. I received a letter today from cibola Vista resort and spa. (Bluegreen) with the heading Notice of termination of owners beneficiary rights..the letter in a nutshell says my above time (which details were listed) have been terminated. My termination for non payment will be reported to credit agency...etc. Does this mean I'm out? Other than reporting to collections what else can they do? Has anyone had experience with this?

A negative credit report will be filed for defaulting on a $10k loan balance. Once filed, the negative credit report will remain in place for 7 years. Yes, you're "out" --- but there are very real and 7 years long consequences (negative credit report and a reduced credit rating).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 25, 2020 09:41 AM

May 31, 2020

ken1193 wrote:
katea73 wrote:
I owe 10k on my bluegreen timeshare. I haven't paid anything in 6 months. I received a letter today from cibola Vista resort and spa. (Bluegreen run 3) with the heading Notice of termination of owners beneficiary rights..the letter in a nutshell says my above time (which details were listed) have been terminated. My termination for non payment will be reported to credit agency...etc. Does this mean I'm out? Other than reporting to collections what else can they do? Has anyone had experience with this?

A negative credit report will be filed for defaulting on a $10k loan balance. Once filed, the negative credit report will remain in place for 7 years. Yes, you're "out" --- but there are very real and 7 years long consequences (negative credit report and a reduced credit rating).

Thank you for your clear answer.

Ramon R.

Last edited by ramonr42 on Aug 04, 2020 02:22 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.