Jun 13, 2020

Does anyone have experience with this company? Are they reputable? Thanks for your help!

Chris A.
Jun 13, 2020

Fair Market Services - suggest you look them up on the internet. The comments from customers are not good. Website indicates a BBB rating of A- so they must be getting their info from somewhere else. So, I would hide my wallet and run from doing business with this firm.

Den
Jun 13, 2020

What do they claim they claim that they can do for you for a " fee " ?

Don P.
Jun 13, 2020

I would like to know how the BBB gives them an A- rating with all those complaints in their file? Thanks for your help.

Chris A.
Jun 13, 2020

chrisa253 wrote:
I would like to know how the BBB gives them an A- rating with all those complaints in their file?

You would have to ask the BBB how its ratings system works. From what I understand, any company can purchase a membership with the BBB and start with a clean slate of A+. The fact that it's at A- right now shows that it has had a number of complaints. A number of these upfront fee scam companies buy BBB memberships and then tout to potential clients (victims) that they have an A+ rating.

It's been suggested on here to not go by what a company's BBB rating is. A better way to vet the legitimacy of a company is to answer what Don P asked above. What is this company offering to do for you and for how much? Answering that will help a lot more than looking at the company's BBB rating.

Lance C.
Jun 14, 2020

Fair Market Services is a timeshare rental/sales website. Who knows what their exposure to customers really is? Their website shows little detail about the properties they are renting, and they don't even give the location of the timeshares they list until you click on the picture. Listings should be by geographical location.....

As far as BBB - the ratings give credit to the company for responding to complaints rather than solving complaints. If you read their BBB complaints, they engage with customers who are upset and respond until the customer stops posting. That is considered a positive with BBB. There are other websites with complaints.

Simply put - why not use Redweek or Tug to do your rentals/sales of timeshare.

John I.
Jun 14, 2020

I agree with John about going first to Redweek.

Could it be that these predators are scamming only those with terrible timeshare properties (property or season) that could not be given away. Or, those who may be in arrears in maintenance fees and are forced to ask too much to cover past due balances.

To prove my point, I suspect if I listed any Marriott OceanWatch week for $1,000 on Redweek, it would be gone in a day.

My apologies, I just looked at Redweek sales listings and there is one Silver week for $850 and other Silver weeks under $1,500. I surprised my wife with a mid January Myrtle Beach unit once - we lasted two days.

Den

Last edited by dennish144 on Jun 14, 2020 09:43 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.