Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

blue marlin real estate company chicago

Sep 03, 2020

this company says they want to sell my timeshare at royal haciendas. I've tried to do some research, but haven't found much. They are pricing the unit much higher than is realistic with a 7% commission. too good to be true? has anyone heard of this company? thanks steve

Steve B.
Sep 03, 2020

This is an attempt to validate a scam by using the title of reputable companies. There are Blue Marlin real estate companies in different sections of the country. None in Chicago. I am sure they called you. Scam - end of story. Your timeshare is only worth the enjoyment that you get out of it. They will want you to send monies to Mexico. The monies will be gone.

John I.
Sep 03, 2020

Thanks

Steve B.
Sep 07, 2020

Hi @Steve B, If this company called you out of the blue it is most likely a scam.

If you want to sell your timeshare, this article from the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) Is a good place to start:

https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/how-to-sell-your-timeshare.html

Carol P.
Sep 09, 2020

I also received a "too good to be true" offer from Blue Marlin for our villa. I checked several items regarding Blue Marlin from Chicago, and found multiple red flags. They do not appear to be legitimate.

Jim C.
Sep 13, 2020

As a follow-up I verified that this was a scam. I'm impressed (or worried) about the amount of work this group put into this scam. They have a web page with quotes and listings. They listed several properties on the Blue Marlin web page (bluemarlininc.com) and I found the the agent actually representing one of these properties and contacted him. Of course he had never heard of Blue Marlin. It's difficult to research Blue Marlin Realty as there are some valid realtors with this name although not in Chicago. You can check into their real estate license numbers for their brokers and it shows them as valid yet you can't find anyone on linkedin or facebook that matches the names of these brokers. Real estate brokers would use these tools. So beware if you get a call from Blue Marlin!

David B.
Jan 20, 2023

thank you a lot

Jessica Z.
Jan 23, 2023

I completely agree with your information here and if you need some help then you may have a glance at these apartments for sale in Fuengirola, Spain because I hope that it will be useful for you in case you don't know what house to choose. It's quite easy to use this resource there as well. Good luck.

Timmy

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.