Comments

ask-redweek-covid-special-assessment-fees

Sep 09, 2020

I have not received any communications from my my Vistana timeshare resort about any increases because of the pandemic. This timeshare resort has been raising our fees every year regardless of what’s going on this year with the pandemic. If anything they should decrease our fees because we haven’t been able to use our timeshare because of this pandemic .

Jeanette B.
Sep 13, 2020

I am being charged double for a Special Assessment Fee for "lower rental income due to COVID. Vacation Villas sent out a letter on July 17, 2020 stating that they were going to have a Special Assessment fee of $225 for annual unit/week and $112.50 for biennial unit/week. I have owned a biennial week for years and have always paid 1/2 a years maintenance fee for my unit/week. I had to pay a Special Assessment on 10/16/2019 and it was 1/2 of the annual owners fee. For the fee this time I am being billed $225. I called to inquire about the incorrect billing and was told "because you have a two bedroom unit we billed you for two units, one bedroom AND a lockout"! I believe, because I have no way of defending this, it is extortion on their part! Unless you can find someone to take it you are responsible for what ever they want to Assess you with!

Jeep928

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 13, 2020 12:24 PM

Oct 01, 2020

Barriers Island did the same thing, they sent us a letter with a 2000.00 fee, saying we had to pay 550.00 by September 15th and we could pay the rest yearly until paid off. We decided not to pay anything and look else where for vacations options. We don't want to be part of a resort that ask for more money when so many people have lost jobs etc. They put a bad taste in our mouth.

Jacquetta S.
Oct 21, 2020

i just saw that Welk Resorts is now assessing a Resort Fee for our guests when we rent out the weeks we obtain with our Owner Membership. I do not remember seeing this in the past. I have asked Welk Owner Services about this and they blame the exchange company or make it sound like it has been in place all along. :((

Joy L.
Apr 25, 2022

I just got a letter from Multi Resorts Ownership Plan for $1057.10 to cover Covid losses and the best part is I got it on the 22nd and they want it paid by the 30th. Doesn't everyone just happen to have an extra $1000 laying around?

Merri F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.